1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 10, 2011 7:24 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Beware MVCI and their Lawyers

rwthib Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

First, I was a happy owner of two marriott time-shares.

Both bought directly from Marriott.

This December while enjoying a trade, went on the tour and was encourage to enroll my weeks in the new points program.

Since I already had my 2011 weeks set, I was reluctant but was told not to worry since the first year was including with the enrollment.

So imagine my surprise when I get a bill for 2011???

So I send a message to Marriott and this is what I got in reply.

"As you enrolled on December 19, 2010 the Club Dues for the 2010 usage was waived. However, the Club Dues for the 2011 usage will not be waived"

I would definitly think twice about joining Marriott Vacation Club or enrolling weeks.

If they are willing to tick off a long term, multi-week direct customer over something as small as this, imagine what else they have in store,

I intend to continue to tell everyone I meet about this non-customer servce.

A very unhappy multi-week and Marriot rewards Platinum member.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Beware MVCI and their Lawyers
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab222/TJCNEWYORKINSIDERS/WalkinOurShoes-1.jpg

"I would definitely think twice about joining Marriott Vacation Club or enrolling weeks."

RW,

As a long time MVC owner and charter member of Marriott Marquis aka Marriott Rewards, welcome to Insiders.

Consistent with the theme selected for today, 'Walk in our Shoes' thank you for posting what your expectations of Marriott are, and expressing how you feel they fell short.  Walking in the shoes of a MVC owner since the launch of the points-based Destination Club has not been the most pleasant experience.  Many owners echo your sentiments as quoted above.

Earlier this afternoon, a long time friend who referred me to MVC when we attended a conference held in Orlando years ago, called to report a resolution in his favor regarding a similar issue.  He and his wife decided to enroll their 5 weeks last Fall.  They paid the enrollment fee w/a credit card.  About 2 weeks later in discussion with the family during their home resort stay, the family decided to rescind the enrollment because of what they perceived would be significant additional costs w/o substantial benefit.  He did outline what those costs are but I don't recall since it was months ago.

They disputed the cc charge through their bank.  Due to an error in the enrollment paperwork by Marriott, Marriott was unable to provide proof of signature.  My friend rec'd a refund in full.  Last month he received the bill you mentioned, but he didn't pay it and disputed any obligation to do so.  Today, the matter was resolved.  Another Marriott error.

Another MVC owner started a discussion recently which may interest you:  About the new MVCI points program

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...