33 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2012 12:57 AM by anadyr Branched to a new discussion. RSS

The catch becomes the driver

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

From the At&T:  San Francisco 49ers fans all remember "the catch" when Joe Montana found Dwight Clark in the Dallas End Zone.

Yesterday at the AT&T the famous from the49ers and more famous from the World Series Champion SF Giants squared off in a celebrity shoot-out at the Pebble Beach Golf Links.

Dwight Clark (below) was there, a little older and not a fantastic golfer either, but then who is on any given day?

Dwight hooked one into the Stillwater Cove on 18, something others, including Tiger Woods, have done but was unfazed.  After all it was he who made"the catch" to advance his team to the Super Bowl!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Pebble Beach, California, USA
  • Re: The catch becomes the driver
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Stepping Stones, some of us Cowboy fans remember that catch too.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I am sure that every Cowboy fan does--we need to hang on to those memories of the great teams of the past.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Well put, SS,

I did not want to tell you, because I have not watched a full NFL game all year, but some star (?) said, "Good teams make the playoff's and "Hot" teams win them".  I think NY will go all the way!  No, I have no money or could not care, (Sorry Professor), but when you beat a great team on the road, you have to be "Blessed"!

Eli will prevail I think

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

At least he is from New Orleans....Saints fans are still mourning their loss to the 49ers.  There's always next yeat.....

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

New England will win it all (in the game)!!!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I agree with Jasper (man, I'm doing that a lot lately).  New England, with the best q back this league has seen in a looooong time, is going to be triumphant.  Can anyone imagine that Brady was pick #199 in the draft????  He's the man.  He had an off-day last week and will make up for it in spades in the super bowl.

still wish it was the Cowboys in the bowl.......

Shoeman, we are more similar than you think...scary I know...other than the posting controversy ( an old issue that is fogotten by me), I pretty much agree with most of your positions including your position on the superfulous posting that goes on here by me and others. And now that you recognize talent on the football field, unlike SS, we are even further in sync!!!

You two are a pair (of whatever). But Tom Brady, Serra High School, San Mateo, whom I saw play there is a great QB.  And so is Eli Manning of course.NE has a leaky defense but then NYG's have issues as well. At least Madonna at halftime will provide some entertainment

Madona....entertainment??? Please!!!

It was an attempt at sarcasm Jasper.  I long for the Janet Jackson days!!!!!

At least you keep abreast of the superbowl entertainment!!!

Wardrobe malfunctions and all--yes I think it will be a repeat of the last time these two teams met in the Super Bowl

Jasper,

Agree with you here!

Am sure to miss that part of the game.

Jasper.  me too. bygones are bygones.  i regret my comments pin that era.....

• The catch becomes the driver
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    I'm still pulling for the Cowboys to win it all!

Dream on!!!

How come everyone is down on Steven Tyler???  I think the song 'Dream On' is one of the all-time greats, and his vocal in it is awesome.

Well maybe so but compare him with Kristen Chenowth and there's no comparison.  She is a belter with a great voice, Stephen is a rocker with a so-so voice. I blame him for the Raven's loss!!

The Ravens needed Roseanne Barr for the National Anthem!

or Diana Ross.........

She should be barr(ed) from singing the National Anthem!!!!!

yep Jasper, second that one

I'll third that, never saw the show.  However, John Goodman has a dining pub, close to my home and it is called O'Learys.  He is a good actor, but?

John is a great actor, love him as a character actor as well as a serious or funny one.

He is a great character actor.  He also was born in st louis (like me) and his birthday is 6 days later than mine  6-20-1952. 

Just a pup as my granddad always said. John plays the doorman in the new movie about 9/11 with Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock.

got horrible reviews......

I heard that it got nominated for 2 Oscars, but then who can say?

And nominated for "Best Picture of the Year".

Yes of course, she was memorable

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...