7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2011 10:27 AM by anadyr RSS

Marriott all a twitter

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Tweets are part of the Marriott strategy as described here.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott all a twitter
    caldrich Platinum 1 Reviews

Too bad they don't seem to be interested in using this forum [WHICH THEY ESTABLISHED!] to be responsive to a set of their most-engaged customers!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Specifically what issues have you felt they were unresponsive?  The Insider forums have been around in one form or another since late 2008, and every issue seems to have been raised (of course that's just me talking) and most dealt with, albeit not always to everyone's satisfaction.

Please reply and give us some examples.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

"and most dealt with." - by whom? Marriott representatives or by the opinion of another insider or ambassador? Andrew?

Most have had "replies" but many have NOT been "dealt with." When there is a thread with 20+ posts about "an issue", it would be most welcome if MRI would insert a response that members' opinions are relevant to changing the overall Marriott "experience."

I acknowledge that MRI is for members to share experiences, comments, suggestions, etc. mostly among other members. But I have to believe that Marriott is monitoring this site to gain "general feedback and perceptions" to help tweak their offerings regarding lodging, loyalty program, whatever. To have virtually no corporate participation in the MRI makes postings (in hopes someone is listening) less relevant. Sure, I can always e-mail customer service, but an e-mail represents a single line of thought, not trends among MRI members in an "opinionated" thread. Surely Marriott knows that those who participate in MRI are skewed highly toward the top-tiered elite status - those customers whose opinions should be most highly regarded and acknowledged.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Interesting article.  Twitter and Insiders consist of user-generated content, but the similarities seem to end there.

Twitter is public domain, post-whatever-you-want, indexed by the search engines and 'streamed' in real time to customer care.

Contrast Insiders, which is a closed gated loop, moderated 24/7 but invisible to the search engines and except for employees who have read-only access, invisible to customer care.

IMO, there is an expectation that Insiders is part of a larger customer care channel.

Pingreeman

Thanks for that reply.  In terms of dealt with, I meant that the issue has been aired, others chimed in, some new ideas broached, counter arguments posted, ans everyone can have their say--if they choose to do so.  In a meeting of the minds, a business meeting, there can be a solution (albeit not one that everyone agrees with).

We have virtually no say in what a large corporation does or does not do, and Marriott is no exception.  But as customers and in some cases stockholders, we can address concerns that may reach a high enough level that they will be addressed, or at the very least noted.  Our choice in lodging is just that, a choice.  I have chosen to use Marriott almost exclusively for a number of reasons for the last 40 years.  Is it a perefect choice? Not really.  Is it the best for me? Yes.

I guess Insiders provides a place where I can see what others have experienced, good and bad, in their travels.  If there are issues I try to get them resolved using the phone or email. It works for me.

That post to which I replied gave few specifics--and I was merely trying to tease them out.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

SteppingStone - thanks for the reply and I agree with you in concept. But I still hope that our comments on this site are read by corporate to find trends in kudos or dissapointments and acts upon them. Frankly, this is one of my incentives to post here routinely - hoping that corporate has a pulse on the marketplace where opinions are freely shared.

I think MRI could greatly leverage this forum IF a corporate response were inserted once in a while.

Yep, would be nice but it seems to happen only infrequently.  The Insiders is a users group consisting of MR members moderated by Marriott.  I can only hope that trends are summarized and issues that pop out as worthy of action can be dealt with by corporate, either individually or as a group.

We have the non-upper hand here as Insiders, but that does not mean we have no say in what happens with our Marriott experiences.  I post for that reason, and as I have said before, sometimes it resolves an issue, sometimes it does not.

Thanks for your reply--and have a good weekend. Off to the AT&T Pro Am now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...