3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2011 12:50 AM by jerrycoin RSS

The first one- circa 1957

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Arlington, Virginia, USA
  • Re: The first one- circa 1957
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Stepping,

Yes, I stayed there, but I think it was not until 1980.  I don't remember the golf carts, but do remember a very long walk from the front desk to the room.

I remember it being a very nice hotel and really enjoyed going from there to great rest. like Evan's Farm Inn in McClean.  It was a great place and I actually met Mike Evans, the owner one night.  I hope I have the names right!  I think this is where the Chinese Premier first ate on a trip to DC.  Other spots that were great to dine, Old Ebbet's Grill, and Hotel Wahington's Terrace and Clyde's.

Marriott's in DC have served me well over the years, and this one was very special!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Jerry, yes Evans Farm Inn, a place I went a lot in our 20 years in living in DC and the suburbs.

My wife and I first met at a place in Northwest called El Bodegon,a Spanish place that featured wine from a potron, a long, slender-nosed glass container, and poured from it directly into your mouth, as much as you could handle for one price.  It was a blind date, arranged by a co-worker. It worked so well that my future wife and I never saw each other until after I had just joined the US Army and was ready for an overseas assignment.

We also liked the Shoreham Hotel on Connec

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Stepping,

Great pictures and thanks for sharing the memories!

I was in DC when Nixon was resigning!  Wow, people had Nixon masks on the street, and it was wild!

There was a place in Georgetown call Champaignes not far from another great place, 1776 Rest.  These places were great, I do no know if they are still there.

DC was, and is a great place!  I think everyone should go there in the US, first!

When you stay on the concierge at The JW, and can see the Capital to your left (from your room), and the Smithsonian, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, and Arlington Cem. to you left (and all in between), you have to love the USA!

I am in Lincoln, ( Love him), Il this week, and not far from Reagan's 100 year Birthplace (Dixon, Il).  The snow is deep here!  But historic country.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...