2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2011 8:04 AM by nicerinperson RSS

Renaissance Charlotte S PARK denied arrival gift guarantee

flipper Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Checked in Feb, 2011 and was never offered arrival gift.  Aaron R., the assistant GM was on duty and denied me the platinum arrival gift guarantee and flat out said that the front desk clerk did offer me and i accepted the 500 points.  I know they did not offer me a gift/points because I'm traveling with family and was going to order the cheese plate instead.  I view this as an integrity issue.  Someone is not telling the truth.  I strongly requested several times to the GM that they review their security tapes.  This did not happen and instead he said he was sticking with his employee.  Is it possible after i left that they noticed the error and added the points... yes.  I have since decided to check out a day early and on subsequent trips to Charlotte I will stay elsewhere!

Bill Marriott this needs to be fixed ASAP.  Professionally speaking, this is absolutely inexcusable!  The issue is well past the platinum guarantee, it is a matter of integrity and accountability.  If I have employees that are not telling the truth then I want to know about it.

• Re: Renaissance Charlotte S PARK denied arrival gift guarantee
    tjcnewyork Platinum

With your family, how embarassing and regrettable!  Give the Renaissance Charlotte Suites over on Coliseum Drive a try and aim for a 1 bedroom suite on the club level.   In the meantime, consider reporting your experience to customer.care@marriott.com.  Do a search on Insiders for customer.care for examples.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Renaissance Charlotte S PARK denied arrival gift guarantee
    nicerinperson Platinum

I guess I don't follow exactly what happened. You checked in and nobody said anything one way or another and then later you approached the GM?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...