7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2011 6:37 PM by rogerwine RSS

Comparative Loyalty Programs

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Here's Inside Flyers Take.

Of note is the very few programs that offer Lifetime Elite Status!

The table at the end of the piece is quite illustrative of the value of programs using several criteria as a sort.

• Re: Comparative Loyalty Programs
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Great article and love this quote, "perhaps most importantly, as a Platinum, “… they made me feel special, and as a Platinum Premier—just made that for 2010—they look after me very well with roughly 30 percent suite upgrades.” He concluded by saying that lifetime Platinum is a great incentive to rack up Marriott nights. “When I retire, it will be great to travel less but still be treated as someone special.”

In addition to Lifetime Elite status, Marriott is the only one to offer Elite Rollover Nights.

Thanks for posting it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Yep TJ, some may argue that the criteria are not the most exhaustive to consider, and I might have added something like hotel categories to the ist since these determine which hotel is most expensive n terms of points used, or threshold for elite lifetime membership, but it is a nice effort--and a lot of effort as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Also of note is that Marriott has by far the highest qualifying number of nights for their top status (15 more than any other hotel group).

ProfChiara

True, so true.  But for a road warrior 75 is reached fairly quickly.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

It seems that in addition to the highest number of nights, our MR program actually has better perks across the board.  From the looks of it, the Hilton plan (for example) promises 4 suite upgrades but I'm curious if that is a limit or minimum.

At any rate, I'm a happy MR member and really enjoy being able to "come home" to the property at nights and know exactly where the remote will be or exactly how to get online or what to expect in the lounge, etc, etc.  I think its the consistency we get from the various properties that makes it even better for MR members. :)

tjcnewyork Platinum

http://www.hospitalitynet.org/picture/153012921.jpg

Consistency, specifically a consistent level of quality across full-service and select service brands resonates here, too.

Getting a good nights rest while on the road can be really challenging. But, Marriott consistently demonstrates that the guest's sleep experience is a number one priority.

From a loyalty perspective, lack of attention to the sleep experience would have an impact.  Hitting 75 or more nights would be nothing short of torture, unhinged nerves and inconsolable feedback.

Since Marriott introduced the Revive Bedding Collection in 2005 as the standard across all brands, the guest experience kicked up several notches.  Correspondingly, so does my loyalty.

rogerwine Platinum

While finally making Life Time Platinum level last year, to my great dissapopinment, no one at the Marriotts that I stay acknowledges the fact or when I mention it few even know what it means. I do get upgreaded to concierge many times but i haven't been upgraded to a suite for several years. My patience is getting thin. I will sometimes ask, "do you have many lifetime Plats checked in" and only once did someone tell me that there is "one other" in the hotel at this moment". So it would stand to reason that a little extra effort by the staff would not be a burden. After all 1400  nights is no small feat. Well we will see this year.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...