6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2011 8:16 PM by nhtraveler RSS

Camelback Inn, a Winner!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

After spending the past week at the Marriott Camelback Inn, Scottsdale, Az. it was a great week!

I would like to cite some special people who made the trip great,  First it was Kristin, (Concierge,Second picture), and Wolfgang (Front Desk), and the entire Concierge staff for being so professional.  Likewise, Ryan, a native, did an outstanding favor for me at Rita's.  After I had checked out he personally went to the front desk and got me Marriott points for the lunch!  He was so professional for our wonderful lunch at Rita's.

I would also like to say Lon's at Hermossa and Vincent's was really a great dining experience.  Likewise, the meals at the Marriott were extremely good.  People were very friendly and made it so much fun.

I'm going back to Camelback!

Thanks for the input from so many Insiders!

• Re: Camelback Inn, a Winner!
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

If that is the same Lon's I recall it was special--in warmer weather we ate outisde.  Did you do the Camelback climb?  Glad you liked the hotel--it's "where time stands still."

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Stepping,

Yes it is the same Lon's!

No, I did not do the climb, but the weather was great!  I got back just in time for the blizzard to hit the Midwest!  On my way toward Chicago today!

Enjoy the pictures of Lon's!  This is the patio you ate on, and another nice place is Vincent's!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

theolejudge Gold 4 Reviews

Jerry:

Sally and I ate at some wild western restaurant in Scottsdale steaks and beans large and lots of fun.  Also we rented a helicopter and flew over Sedona and Prescott which I highly recommend.  Stay warm in the blizzard!....Bill

Bill,

That sounds like the way to see the area!  By the way, the hotel has a contracted limo service that is about half the price of a taxi to/from the airport, a flat rate of $30!  This is the way to go, I then rent a Hertz car, right on the Camelback property.

Never thought of a helicopter, but that must have been fun.

Do not know where you ate, but this Mexican place in Downtown Scottsdale was open air and really good.  It was called "Dos Gringo's"!

Bill, you have had your share of bad weather this Winter.  Please make sure it is warm when I come thru Atlanta, on 2/12 on my way to County Hall, in London!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Ah yes Jerry, memories come flooding back as I look at those great photos.  We ate outside and it was those Chimineas, outdoor Terra Cotta fireplaces that made it even more special.

Stay well in the (very) windy city.  Heading to 78 degrees here over the weekend and we have plenty of room for guests at competitive Ritz rates! 

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

I couldn't agree with you more about Camelback. I've gone there for a brief vacation in the past two years and it is a marvelous experience. I already have my reservation for this year. I recommend it to any of you who want to spend some time in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...