2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2011 1:41 PM by mikiegfla RSS

Stays at Multiple Hotels During Same Period

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

In the near future, my sister and I will be at a Courtyard for two nights. I just found out that I may have to be in a neighboring state on business the second day and will be staying at a Marriott the second night while sis stays at the Courtyard. I'm paying for both stays on my Marriott card, and my Rewards number will be part of each reservation. Do I need to let Marriott Rewards know that I will be at the Courtyard only one of the two nights, and at the Marriott the second night? If I end up receiving three nights credit towards my Elite status for what is in effect a two-night stay, am I violating any rules? I don't want to risk losing my Rewards status over such a little thing. Many thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Stays at Multiple Hotels During Same Period
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

My experience has been that multiple stays are not counted as nights but are as points.  In the terms and conditions it says that nights personally stayed are counted, and the inference is that points are accrued as well for personal stays. Booking multiple rooms in the same hotel, which I've done, gets only nights for one room but points for the total bill (minus taxes of course).

I'd call Marriott Rewards and ask--all they can say is nope.

Good luck and tell us what they say.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Stays at Multiple Hotels During Same Period
    mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I know from personal experience that Steppingstones is correct.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...