7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2011 5:28 PM by eyes_of_texas RSS

Qualified, but received weird letter

scrabblegirl Silver
Currently Being Moderated

In December, I had 9 nights. I ended up staying at a SpringHill Suites to get my 10 before the end of the year. I just got a letter today stating that while I didn't meet the minimum, they were going to do me a favor by giving me Silver status for 2011 anyway.

Am I the only one who got this? I expected to find other posts about this here.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Qualified, but received weird letter
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Years ago I was given what was called Black (now Gold) status when I was three nights short.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Congratulations on achieving Silver Elite status.  Best wishes and enjoy the member benefits.

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

A few years back I was bumped from Gold to Platinum level without achieving the nights requirement.  I never received an official explanation, but I believe it happened after I complained to Customer Service about not getting my breakfast benefit at a Renaissance when the concierge lounge was closed (M-F).  

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

One of my employees retained Gold this year in spite of being 8 nights short of the required 50.  And last year he was 5 short and retained it.  So, it sounds like this "standard" is as much of a moving target as that of PP.

tjcnewyork Platinum

That might be so (Re: Bumping up because of feedback).  IMO, Marriott has the highest regard for its guests and loyal customers.  Despite a sluggish economy, Marriott financials report that REVPAR (revenue per available room) grew in 2010 and 2009.  Exceeding analyst expectations, earnings also grew in lodging.

Marriott cannot achieve these results w/o loyal guests.  Perhaps Marriott allowed nights redeemed for points to offset the paid EQN missing?  Or, maybe Marriott comped the EQN required?  Whatever the methodology, let's give credit where credit is due - Marriott rewards its guests for being loyal - even if it means you're short a few nights.  IMO, there's nothing 'weird' about exceeding customer expectations.  Thank you, Marriott.

ncrunner Platinum

The list of people to get the letter was probably made before you made your 10th night stay.  I've heard similar stories of people getting "comped" the status that they earned with a few stays at the end of the year.

eyes_of_texas Platinum

Sometimes a stay may not be credited to an account until up to 10 days following checkout - especially when staying at an independent (vs. corporate owned) property.  It may well have been that the letter you received was released for distribution before your 10th stay was credited.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...