1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 24, 2011 6:59 PM by iestrikesback RSS

Ever wish those random points were Marriott Rewards Points?

mrg8415 Gold 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Every now and again I find that I have to stay in a town that doesn't have a Marriott and the nearest is just not convenient to my business plans. As such I have some random points here and there in other hotel rewards programs. Does anyone else have this issue?

I wish Marriott Rewards were a part of Points.com. Then I could trade away my random points for Marriott Rewards and put them to good use. And those individuals who are the mirror image of my situation could get points they were actually interested in. Thoughts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Ever wish those random points were Marriott Rewards Points?
    iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Yes, happens to me sometimes (Santa Cruz, CA comes to mind) where I need to stay at a non-Marriott.  I am also a member of Points.com, however trading between programs is too costly IMO there.  For example, if you want to trade 1000 miles between American and Delta, it'll cost you $50.  The more miles you want to transfer, the more it costs.  However, some hotel chains will allow you to transfer points to airline miles, and vice versa, free of charge.  It depends on the chain.  Look at their websites for the details.   

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...