7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2011 2:01 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Renaiisance Agoura Hills CA

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This hotel, tucked into the foothills just West of US 101, is a great hotel with wonderful amenities and friendly staff.  I've just spent a night here and find all is well at this location, and there are even special touches like a rubber ducky resting at the edge of the tub in the suite's bathroom! (pictured below).

A must stay if you are north of LA and need a respite!

• Re: Renaiisance Agoura Hills CA
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Thanks for the review.  Considering 'untoward' experiences at the Renaissance Agoura Hills posted last November, that incident must have been isolated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Yep, I was on high alert based on that one, but they could not have been nicer-upgrade confirmed 48 hours in advance, excellent lounge, great staff--all the pluses.

BMW North America was having their meeting in the hotel but other than a lot of German being spoken and great cars in the parking lot, it was not at all a factor.

For a Category 4 hotel this one is great.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

Interesting review --- I believe it is very fair and quite accurate, Stepping Stones.

In fact, right now I am sitting at my desk on the concierge floor of the Agoura RENN and just saw your post.

I stay here at least one night each month and could not agree with you more.  Folks here run a good, tight ship and service is consistently good from one month to another.

No Mercedes people here tonight.  But, last time I was here, the Joni and Friends ministry (headquartered in an office building across the parking lot) was having a big banquet in the ballroom with hundreds of guests attending.  With all that going on, hotel services were A-1 and not sacrificed a bit.

hahaha48 Platinum 2 Reviews

I have stay here twice in the last 12 months and last time was 1/1/2011 for 2 nights

This is definitely a very good hotel and I will come back again soon. I like to shop at the outletmall 18 miles west on 101 from the hotel. I also like to take 101 back to the SF bay area. On 1/2 I5 was closed till 1pm and I am glad I stay here  so I took 101 back to SF.

This is the only hotel I stay that have actually given me credit for the platinum one weekend night free coupon without having to ask for the credit on check out.

The only minor thing is no resturant open on sunday night (I am not sure all the time or just for 1/2/2011 holiday) but you can get food from the bar.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I find it interesting that we have a hotel with two distinctively different stays being discussed...one from November (bad) and another in January (good). Carry that theme to a proposed DO NOT STAY LIST and what do we get? Is the hotel listed as a do not stay or is it listed as a must stay?

I guess my point is that, as I said in my 'DO NOT STAY' reply post, I welcome the differing discussions of the stays that Insiders experience, both good and bad. They have far more value to me than a potential subjective list that doesn't allow me to understand the 'experience' that someone lived.

It is the value of knowing from these 'experience' posts that helps me to make a decision on whether I would stay at a hotel or not. 

TEF, good point,  Reviews are subjective, especially mine, and represent a slice of time and place, not a forever thing (hopefully).  Reviews for the most part are honest but there is always a chance for a plant or a lurker with a grudge.

Hope that November negative review was something that Agoura Hills saw and reacted to.  In any event my experience was 95% positive (how's that for subjective?)  Actually it was quite good and I would return.

And I love my new Beamer (not!)  But wish I had one, really do.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Are you referring to the Premium Outlet Mall in Camarillo?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...