Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2011 7:15 PM by ncrunner RSS

MEGABONUS

cincinnatikid Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I stayed 10 nights at the Marriott in Orlando. This does not qualify for any bonus nights...does Marriott really want me to check in and out twice so that I can receive the extra nights? Wouldn't it make more sense to do it based on nights instead of stays?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: MEGABONUS
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Some MegaBonus promotions are nights based and some are stay based. The new MegaBonus promo beginning Feb 1 and running thru Apr 15 is nights based.

It is much more difficult to achieve the bonus based on stays instead of nights, especially if the stay is lengthy and the credit is only for 1 stay....as yours was. Seems unfair. I'd be happy to see all the programs based on nights rather than stays.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

cb_traveller Gold 8 Reviews

From the T&Cs, this Megabonus is also based on stays, not number of nights

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

cb_traveller:

It's not clear what promotion you are referencing in your Terms and Conditions, but here is what I have received in the past two MegaBonus promotions:

The MegaBonus promotion ending Jan 15 was STAY based.

The MegaBonus promotion beginning Feb 1 is NIGHTS based.

It is possible that the MegaBonus promos are not the same for all, but that's what I received.

I'll take the nights based any time over the stay based because the stay based are proportionately unfair, as in the case presented by cincinnatikid.

ncrunner Platinum

Te Megabonus generally has several different levels that Marriot tries to target based upon your stay patterns.

Most silvers will only see the level that awards free nights based upon stays.  The other levels generally give points based upon number of nights, but usually require 15-25 nights within the promotion period.   Most silvers and many golds would not find this level to be attainable.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...