7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2011 7:07 PM by onstandby RSS

Marco Island Resort concierge

mobileguy Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Can anyone suggest a good concierge contact at the Marco Island resort?  I need to confirm in advance if I am going to get upgraded to a suite as it will impact our travel plans.

Any other suggestions welcome!!!

• Re: Marco Island Resort concierge
    iristina Gold

I didn't speak with a concierge before our stay, although I did after arrival. I see your status is Platinum, and mine is Gold. We stayed there last month, so I'll share that experience.

The only "perk" I received (besides the free Internet) was a partial gulf view room. This is the same type of room I received when we stayed there with Silver status a few years ago. The hotel was not full, so I asked about a room upgrade and was told I would have to pay for it. Staff was very friendly and Marriott professional--I just didn't receive any extras, so to speak. I realize this is a resort hotel with no concierge floor; however, I have received breakfast from other Marriott resorts before.

I spoke with a female concierge (sorry, I do not recall her name) about dining while we were there, and was not overly impressed. I don't have any complaints; she just seemed a little scatterbrained. She answered my specific questions well, although she did not find out my needs first. I suggest you be specific with any requests or questions.

Good luck, and enjoy your stay ~ It's a beautiful place!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mobileguy Platinum

Thanks for your reply and comments!

We stayed at Marco Island about a year ago and had a similar experience to yours.  Great property and great service but really no recognition or extra perks for being an elite member from what I can tell.  I did see a post from another Platinum member who was upgraded to a Suite, so apparently it happens sometimes.

And I agree with your comments about breakfast at Marco Island - the only breakfast options on property are 1) take out bagels and coffee from the newstand/gift shop and 2) a full price, full service buffet that runs about $20 per person.  I am travelling with the kids so $100 for breakfast is a bit steep.  How about a kids menu or kids pricing at a family resort?

Finally, the concierge last year recommended Cocomo's for dinner which turned out to be the worst meal of the vacation and the worst dining experience I had in 2010 in terms of both food and service - stay away!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I think the chances of being upgraded are slim and it depends on the time you check in, the associate checking you in and the occupancy load for the time that you'll be there.  In recent stays I have been told that if I was only staying "a few nights" they could easiuly upgrade me to a suite, but since I was there it was not possible.

I asume the hotels would rather try to get full or nearly full raes for their suites.

Have you gotten an email about your stay with the Virtual Concierge attached?  If so make you case for an upgrade there and also call the hotel directly, detailing the situation and what you'd like to request.  As I have said before adding the words "Upgrades are always appreciated" to a text field on that email response works some of the time.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

iristina Gold

MobileGuy ~

Thought I would share a great breakfast restaurant we liked when we were there. Ne Ne's Kitchen. If you are arriving via 951/Collier Blvd., it's about a mile or two before the Marriott. We are early risers and walkers, so we walked there one morning. We arrived before 9 am, and received one of the last tables.

If you go to this restuarant for breakfast after 9:00, be prepared to wait. The entire waiting/any standing area, as well as outside by the door, was full of people waiting just a few minutes after we were seated (10-20 people). The food was good, and the portion size was generous (my husband and I could have easily shared one meal, although we didn't).

mobileguy Platinum

Thanks for the recommendation on NeNe's Kitchen. We are big fans and will definitely be there in February for a couple of breakfasts.  Any other dining suggestions are very welcome, as are any suggested activities to do with kids - I will be flying solo with my kids this year, ages 8, 10 and 12...

columbussig Platinum

I would be interested in any information as well, we will be heading to the resort during Spring Break.  Given that time of year and staying on points I doubt I could pull off an upgrade.  But I can hold out hope.

onstandby Platinum 3 Reviews

I used points for a 3 night stay during New Years Eve, I asked the Platinum reservation desk to request an ocean view upgrade and early check in.  I truthfully did not expect to receive either since the hotel was sold out.   Much to my surprise, upon checking in at 9.30 a.m. an upgrade to a Junior Suite ocean view was given to me.   Shortly after unpacking a bottle of Merlot and cheese platter arrived.  Needless to say a great way to begin the festivities and departure of 2010!

Excellent service from the Front Desk!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...