4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2011 2:44 PM by oskeanner RSS

3:55 minutes Honolula

smiths Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I will be traveling with 6 adults flying in from Seattle on Hawaiin Airlines. I have a 3:55 minute lay over. I would like to spend 90 minutes with a cab or tour company if possible to see a quick glimpse of the island. Is this possible?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
  • Re: 3:55 minutes Honolula
    retired Platinum

You could do Pearl Harbor but that is about all the time you will have. Its next to the airport and worth seeing. Traffic can get really bad around Honolulu and it can cut into your time.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

It's possible to see some of Oahu by cab in 90 minutes, just not practical in my view.  You could very likely end up in traffic that consumes a great deal of that time  Not sure what exactly you're interested in seeing, but you'll see a whole lot more if the timing is right for you to take a helicopter tour of the island.  That takes about an hour and they'll pick you up and drop you off.  We used Blue Hawaiian Helicopter Tours, located at the airport, and it was great.  New (er) equipment, seemed to be well maintained, friendly ground crew and pilot.  With 3 and a half hours you might find that you can spare a little more time.  My experience is that HNL isn't all that busy (even though they claim it's the 6th busiest airport in the US), so even if you take 2 full hours, that leaves you an hour and a half to get back thru security and to the gate.  Piece of cake.  Have fun and let us know how it goes.

oskeanner Silver 2 Reviews

it's been awhile since i was in oahu, but if i had 3 hors and 55 minutes i would be in the first cab available heading over to the Ward Center for lunch at Kakaako Kitchen!

http://www.kakaakokitchen.com/

3 hours and 55 minutes is definetely enough time for a quick meal in AlohaTower area or even further in Honolulu+Waikiki area.

Although you should be mindful of the time of the day for the traffic.

enjoy

oskeanner Silver 2 Reviews

it's been awhile since i was in oahu, but if i had 3 hors and 55 minutes i would be in the first cab available heading over to the Ward Center for lunch at Kakaako Kitchen!

http://www.kakaakokitchen.com/

3 hours and 55 minutes is definetely enough time for a quick meal in AlohaTower area or even further in Honolulu+Waikiki area.

Although you should be mindful of the time of the day for the traffic.

enjoy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...