5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2011 3:58 PM by kgb123 RSS

Cancel reservation

wildman1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I probably stay at Marriott's over 110 nights a year.  I made reservations for a company worker and myself at a Marriott in Kansas City, but my schedule changed and I thought I cancelled the reservation, but apparently I didn't.  The hotel charged me for both rooms.  I know it was my bad for not doing it, but have any of you done the same and how did you get it fixed.  I called the Rewards desk and they said they would check into it, but it has been over 6 weeks and I have not heard anything.  These 110 nights are normally only one night at a time, so I'm moving most of the time.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Overland Park, Kansas, USA
  • Re: Cancel reservation
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Only happened to me once when I misread the cancellation policy and was going to be charged, so I called the Platinum desk and they fixed it on the spot.

But  it was still before the day of arrival and within the 3 day that this hotel had, so maybe that's not a good example?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

techie Platinum 7 Reviews

Unfortunately, the hotel is entitled to the money.  Talking to someone may help.  If they weren't sold out, they didn't have to turn anyone away on your account.

I'm sorry to see you have this grief.  This is where the guaranteed room thing sucks, but I've been saved many times by them holding a room for me late..

I did have to cancel once where they could have charged a cancellation fee, but thankfully they didn't.

Good luck.

wildman1 Platinum 7 Reviews

I did called the Platinum desk and they were the ones that were going to contact the hotel.  I'll try again.  If you don't ask, you'll never get it.

Thanks

wildman1 Platinum 7 Reviews

I haven't tried yet to see if the hotel was sold out.  I agree, if they turned down people because they were holding the rooms for me, then just shame on me and I need to pay for them.  No doubt that I was wrong, just looking for a little help.

Thanks

kgb123 Platinum 7 Reviews

I had booked a room with points for the wrong weekend, when I went to cancel for the upcoming weekend, I found that it was booked for the past weekend and I had missed cancelling it.

When I called to cancel, they told me that the hotel had already returned the certificate before I had even called and returned the points too...

Probably because it was made with points and not $$.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...