5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2011 1:29 PM by anadyr RSS

Why is there no reward for Brand loyalty?

pilotbill Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Marriott continues to slide against the other chains.  My flight department would love to stay at Marriott locations - we even negotiated rates with Mariotts we would travel to frequently, only to have them dump our rates as soon as they reach 50% capacity -- these guys are getting as bad as the airlines.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
CA, USA
  • Re: Why is there no reward for Brand loyalty?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Have you asked individual  senior hotel management associates about rates?  I found that asking at a hotel where I typically spend over 100 nights a year is a great baragaining advantage, and resulted in a reasonable rate for me and the company as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

In my experience, exactly the opposite is consistently true.

Witness, if the hotel can track my business (e.g., either via MR number or corporate rate code), I find them jumping after my room nights!

Example: I frequent a central coast California full-service MARR regularly staying 40 to 50 room nights/year.  The Marketing Director obviously tracks my room nights because on check-in the words, "top 50", always appears on my key envelope.  Asking what that meant, I was told the legend identifies the property's top 50 customers as measured by annual room nights stayed (in this case tracked by our corp rate code).  Other properties, he says, do much the same kind of tracking. 

If you stay as frequently and are not recognized, could be because your corp rate code and/or your MR number are not on your reservations and folios. 

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Very interesting, countryjim.

I've spent 3-4 nights per week for 50 weeks per year in some Marriotts and have never seen that envelope!  Must be a local thing... but a very good thing!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

countryjim

I too, spend 80% + of my 125-130 nights a year at a single full service MARRIOTT.  MY KEY JAcket has never referenced anything like what you are referrimg to.  maybe it is a local custom....  too bad, I would appreciate the recognition.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Some hotels track the top 50 guests and input that data into room selection equations.

At one hotel where I stay all the time I was (not yet this year) number 7 -- some folks must live there--and that guaranteed the same room 99% of the time (top floor, Concierge Level, Corner) and even different amenities.  No special keys but a flashing screen for new Associates and a "Do not Move" reference in the reservation!  It made for a nice stay since I knew the room and its idiosyncrasies pretty well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...