1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 14, 2011 7:38 AM by mojoho RSS

Great experience at JW San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa

illinidad Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Had a great stay at this brand-new JW between Christmas & New Year's. Stayed on points, got upgraded to the hospitality suite, plus a connected room . That was great for my oldest who usually has to sleep on an extra bed. Wife and kids loved the pool, golf courses looked great (poor weather kept me from playing :(. The resort is north of the city, only 20 minutes or so from the airport, nestled in the scenic hill country. It's a bit further down to downtown and the Riverwalk, but it's an easy drive on 281. Highly, highly recommended.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
San Antonio, Texas, USA
  • Re: Great experience at JW San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
    mojoho Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Stayed here last March just after it had opened.  I agree--it is a wonderful facility set in the beautiful Texas Hill Country.  The pool is more like a waterpark and one can easily spend all day there.  My only complaint last year when my wife and I stayed was the service.  The staff was generally friendly but not very well trained.  As a plat the best room they could give me was a middle floor standard king despite the fact that the hotel was only at 43% occupancy that night (the check-in agent had the sheet right in front of me).  Check-in also took a while, as did delivery of the Plat amenity.  I assume since the hotel has now been opened over a year that if I were to return, the service would be markedly improved.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...