9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2011 7:08 PM by kahunapremier RSS

Rollover Points

baron20 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I would like to know how rollover marriott points are determined. I personally thought that rollover points only apply to actual stays. If your actual stays exceed 75 nights during the calendar year, the excess would be rolled over to the following year.

However, a friend of mind told me that his rollover points include bonus points earned through the use of his visa marriott card. I would like to know if this is true for other marriott guests.

Thanks,

• Re: Rollover Points
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

It is true--all nights posted in your account, bonus or from stays, count for rollover nights.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

year2member Gold

yes, it can include bonus points earned from each $3k in spending, plus the yearly bonus given for having the card (10 or 15 nights usually)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

As I mentioned in another thread --- when I did the math to confirm my 2010/2011 rollover nights, I took my 2010 "Nights this year", deducted my 2009/2010 rollover nights, then subtracted the 100 night premier platinum annual qualification (as outlined in Ed French's May, 2009 letter and email to Premiers), the resulting number became the 2010/2011 rollover nights as posted to my account.

Unless  it is just a coincidence, this appears to be the formula.

goalie Platinum

So I just did the math and I am ten nights short on rollover. I had called to Marriott and asked when I got to 65 if any more nights would roll over again and they assured me they would. So I ended up with 84 stays and 10 rollover from 2009.

When the accounts zeroed out in January, I was only credited with 9 "bonus" nights. I called the platinum number, which by the way does not connect you with a platinum rep right away, and finally this rather not very helpful platinum rep says "corporate changed their minds". I'll put in a request to have ten more nights credited?!??!!! Ya, lots of people are mad!?!

I feel robbed and I could have gotten some status at another chain had I not been wrongly informed. Now I have to beg for what I was promised (I actually verified the information twice). I would suggest corporate Marriott rethink this or the minute I hit 66 nights this year, good bye Marriott! It is just rude and you owe us an apology. We are your most loyal but you are treating us with no respect.

I suggest you start rethinking how you treat your loyal members. We stick with you through thick and thin.

Goalie

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

wow.  I would say this is a"teachable moment" (despite hating the term).  The lesson learned, is that Loyalty takes time to earn but can be lost in a moment.  Clearly, Marriott changed the rules (as they have every right to do) and many people feel robbed.  what surprises me is the number of folks who just drink the koolaid and attempt to change the subject.  I suspect those folks either were't affected at all, or are aLREADY LIFETIME PLATIMUM SO IT DOESN'T MATTER TO THEM.  why are'nt  more people agitated over this???????

tjcnewyork Platinum

The koolaid ran dry, so some other beverage is brewing. See Do Rollover Nights Roll Over at Flyertalk.

Diet Dr. Pepper is always my favorite.  But then I was always different.

kahunapremier Platinum

I emailed Marriott, asking for claification and the reply I received was that there will be another credit. Email is the best way, they do listen and are correcting the mistakes.

It is a manual process so just be patient, but more points will come for those that earned the proper amounts. Email Marriott and let them know.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...