1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 13, 2011 9:53 PM by nuhusker RSS

Navigators

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

All this time I thought they were large Lincoln SUVs, but for most Renaissance Hotels they are the new Concierges.  It will be interesting to see if these changes are welcomed or just temporary.  I like the idea of a concierge, and though the level of expertise and helpfulness varies, when you find a good one, it makes for a very successful experience.

Concierge means "gatekeeper or doorkeeper" as I recall, and that term has morphed to mean someone who can guide you as opposed to keep you out of a location.

Perhaps this is a trend and with the explosion of information sources at out fingertips, the concept has outlived its usefulness? Sure hope that I am wrong.

Anyone else have an opinion on the role and need for a Concierge?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Navigators
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

This topic was discussed on Insiders not too long ago.   As I recall, most posters found value in the cocierge.  I'm satisfied just to have someone to keep the lounge stocked.  With internet, no need to ask someone for a reference, directions, assistance with a resturant reservation , etc.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...