4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2011 8:17 AM by profchiara RSS

Spirit to Serve - Rewards Line Service

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As i mentioned in an earlier post about the Boston Copley Place, my nights had not been credited after 5 days. This was critical because I was 3 nights away from finishing the Megabonus promotion (and had stayed 3 nights).  I called the MR line in Salt Lake City and got the most wonderful representative I've ever spoken with there.  His name is Robert and he worked with a woman named Grace at the hotel to get the situation -- which turned out to be enormously complicated -- straightened out.  (First it seemed that being part of a conference was the problem. Then it turned out that since I was sharing the room with a friend, and even though I made the reservation, used my MR number, and paid the bill myself, it only showed her name on the record -- although my copy of the bill showed mine.)

Anyway a big shout out to Robert for taking a good bit of time and energy to work out an apparent mistake at the hotel in not listing my name!  He also gave me his extension for use in the future if my points don't get credited again.  He then assured me that he would personally make sure the nights immediately got credited to the MegaBonus.

I don't know Robert's last name -- and probably would not be allowed to give it out anyway -- but he exemplifies Marriott's motto of Spirit to Serve.

ProfChiara

• Re: Spirit to Serve - Rewards Line Service
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Professor, my experience has been equally satisfactory, often exceeding my expectations. In every case the person was atentive and listened, and offered suggestions to remedy the situation.  I think that the Platinum personnel there deserve high marks for good service and of course, the Spirit to Serve.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Professor and Stepping,

I too share your support and appreciation for the staff!

The other day Jim (Do not know last name, x2298142), helped my out of real jam at a sold out property.

Many of these people are really making the difference for the "Seasoned" and infrequent travelers.

Thanks for letting me share my appreciation for Jim with MI's.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

As Jim Cramer would say, triple booyahs.

Kudos to the MR staff many times over.  They have always helped me when I am in a jam.  I am sure they endure their fair share of gripers and squeaky wheels.  They nonetheless always carry a positive attitude toward their customers.

Andrew, I hope the MR folks know of our appreciation and are thus recognized.  It would be very much MI's style to place them in high regard with an appropriate recognition.

Thanks!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I think CountryJim's suggestion is superb.  We only ever get a first name, but I suspect that in some way our dealings with the Platinum Reward line are noted (or could be checked).  So if there is a way of recognizing the people we've spoken with who have done an outstanding job, I think Marriott should do so.

ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...