14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2017 4:20 PM by xrcz4life RSS

Shop Marriott

gllobalwizzo Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Folks,

This is my first one here so I thought I'd pass along my experience with the bedding on Shop Marriott.

I ordered the feather bed, comforter, some covers and a set of pillows last year.  Everything is great except the pillows.  They arrived and are hard, crunch when you lay on them and are no where near the same quality soft down/feather pillows I find in many of the hotels.  My wife quit using hers the first week and I tried for a few months and gave up last week. 

I called the 800 number to see what they would do about replacement.  The answer was "nothing"  Even after I informed them that the part number on the pillows were different.  I was in the ATL Marriott when I called and the pillows in the room were excellent.  I'm in the Vegas Renaissance and the pillows here are great.

Bottom line, Don't order these pillows.  If you get a bad product, don't expect much in the way of customer support.

GW

UPDATE

Well, When I posted the original, I figured the pillows were a write off and left it at that. 

A little few days later, my wife walked in and said there was someone on the phone that had been "checking the rooms where I stayed at Marriotts and something about the pillows"

The caller was Scott Michell, Director of Rooms Development for Marriott.  He was trying to find out why my pillows weren't what I had been experiencing at the hotels.  He had run a room check and pillow type check for a number of the rooms I had recently occupied, had me send him the information from my pillows, arranged for the pillows to be returned and has since replaced them. 

Marriott has changed the pillow specification for the room pillows and the new ones are excellent.  Scott obtained a couple of the older type for me which was what I had been using. 

Scott and Marriott went way beyond anything I was expecting.  I honestly think I origianally got a set of pillows that were right at the edge of the quality envelope.  My mistake was not elevating the issue right away rather assuming they would improve with use. 

My thanks to Scott and the Marriott Corporation for going the above and beyond in customer satisfaction.

Global Wizzo

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Shop Marriott
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Wow that's too bad.

I have found most vendors more than willing to take goods back--Amazon for example would take things back without hesitation and with almost any excuse.  Marriott must be willing to make good on this purchase.

Good luck and keep trying--it is a hassle but if they make it right then all's well and you'll get that good night's rest.  Post if you can and let us know.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

alisonqv Member

I bought my bed from a place called Good Morning Mattress Center - They have the same bed that's in all the Marriott but with a better price. The difference is the cover, but the construction of the mattress is exactly the same.

Here is their phone number: (855) 825-4530

tjcnewyork Platinum

Given the consistent level of quality across Marriott brands, my wife and I have considered purchasing Marriott's Revive Bedding package.  Based upon your excellent feedback on Shop Marriott, the takeaway is that doing so poses a risk.  We always ask what the return policy is.  If a money back guarantee, if not fully satisfied is absent, then it's not worth it, IMO.  Thank you for posting.

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

From the ShopMarriott website:

Return Policy

What is your return policy?

Items are accepted for credit or exchange if returned in new/saleable condition within 30 days of purchase. A refund or exchange will be made as requested by the purchaser. For your protection, credit card information used to make your purchase is not retained in our system. Please contact us with this information if a credit is due to your account.

Are there any items that are non-returnable?

Beds, pillows and opened bedding are not accepted for returns or exchange. Used or laundered bedding is not returnable.

Frankly, I wouldn't want to purchase bedding or pillows where I may receive something that a previous purchaser returned.  Granted, that if they sent the wrong item, they should accept the return but never re-sell it.

sebic01 Member

I am so frustrated with customer service about these dang pillows! I called the Marriott where I spent the weekend (NYC-Downtown) and asked them which pillows were in my room. They told me the 9th floor and my room (rm 913) were synthetic - so that's what I ordered. These were not the same pillows and one of them had loose threads and fuzz coming through the seam. I called and emailed pics to customer service and when I went to return them....it was $27.07 shipping charge. FedEx ground said to call the company and ask for a return shipping email to reduce the cost (I spent 7.99 to have them shipped). The customer service states they do not provide return shipping! So almost $90 in stupid pillows, the poorest customer service- I am through with the Marriott! I was exchanging these for the down/feather pillows so it's not like they were losing a sale. I will repost this everywhere I can to warn others.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

New,

I am with you.  I think that certain items should not be re-sold.  Bedding, especially pillows, would be one.  The question is, should these be sold online where the buyer can't see it, if so, should the buyer have return rights and if so, what should be done with the return?

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I looked into buying a Marriott mattress a while back (because most of them are so wonderful) and came up with the same info as you have when I checked online to see if others had purchased one.  I came up with several responses such as "not the same as what I experienced at Marriotts; "no returns" and so forth.  Especially for an expensive and important item like bedding I think you need to try it first.  I am pretty sure Jamison makes Marriott mattresses and there are none in my area, but you might look into that.

ProfChiara

tjcnewyork Platinum

Excellent points.  Fresh, inviting and comfortable bedding is undeniably imperative to Marriott hospitality and the Revive Collection was introduced as the Marriott Hotels and Resorts and Marriott Vacation Club brand standard in 2005.  Other Marriott brands followed.  As road warriors, why wouldn't we want to bring that level of quality home?

The introduction of the Revive Collection was probably key to Marriott's acclaim and popularity, since I recall the move followed the FTC Settlement of 2000 and many state-mandated statutes relating to sales of bedding items.

If ShopMarriott is marketing the Marriott Revive Collection and the fulfillment vendors are not delivering or worst yet deliberately using non-brand items of lesser quality, the practice merits Marriott's scrutiny.

Thanks again, for sharing the feedback.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Jamison is indeed the brand that Marriott uses, at least where I have stayed.

The mattress industry is replete with levels of bedding and the recent advent of Sleep Number and other non spring based bedding is making buying decision more and more difficult.  We just purchased two twin beds for one our guest rooms and the amount of time needed to try all the mattresses and box spring combinations is daunting.  Pillow-top, non-Pillow top,foam based, memory foam topped, encased springs, interlaced springs--the list is longer than the combinations on the not so secret  In'N'Out Burgers Secret Menu!

Individual tastes vary and some hotel brands in the past have ventured into the Sleep Number bed.  To my knowledge none have gone to the Tempurpedic foam beds, apparently because of costs.

Also, isn't it illegal to reuse bedding without a major recovering and certification? I have to read that little tag again on our new guest room mattresses to find out.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Well, let me say that after spending so many nights in Marriott hotels over the past ten+ years, I got to the point where I couldn't sleep well in my own bed at home.  I ordered a Marriott pillow and absolutely I'm getting some of the best rest of my life.  I got what I ordered, paid for, and desperately needed.

• Re: Shop Marriott  Update
    gllobalwizzo Platinum 2 Reviews

Well, When I posted the original, I figured the pillows were a write off and left it at that. 

A little few days later, my wife walked in and said there was someone on the phone that had been "checking the rooms where I stayed at Marriotts and something about the pillows"

The caller was Scott Michell, Director of Rooms Development for Marriott.  He was trying to find out why my pillows weren't what I had been experiencing at the hotels.  He had run a room check and pillow type check for a number of the rooms I had recently occupied, had me send him the information from my pillows, arranged for the pillows to be returned and has since replaced them. 

Marriott has changed the pillow specification for the room pillows and the new ones are excellent.  Scott obtained a couple of the older type for me which was what I had been using. 

Scott and Marriott went way beyond anything I was expecting.  I honestly think I origianally got a set of pillows that were right at the edge of the quality envelope.  My mistake was not elevating the issue right away rather assuming they would improve with use. 

My thanks to Scott and the Marriott Corporation for going the above and beyond in customer satisfaction.

Global Wizzo

alisonqv Member

I bought my bed from a place called Good Morning Mattress Center - They have the same bed that's in all the Marriott but with a better price. The difference is the cover, but the construction of the mattress is exactly the same.

alisonqv Member

They accept returns.

xrcz4life Platinum

hi - wanted to also share my experience with a purchase on Shop Marriott.  Although I have found the Marriott Hotels over the year to have superior customer service, I cannot say the same for Shop Marriott.  I ordered a mattress and box spring and was told 6-8 weeks delivery time frame - which I was very surprised at - but assume I must have missed that information somewhere when ordering.  Well this time frame came and went with no contact from Shop Marriott about the status of my order.  I finally contacted them during week 9 only to learn that the mattress was sitting in a distribution center but the box spring was apparently lost.  I requested, and did receive, a partial delivery of at least the mattress (as we were in need over the holidays).  Was just ready to reach out to them again during Week 12 but did finally receive word from the distribution center that the box spring had been found.  I do understand that things happen and orders don't always go smoothly - my complaint was with the lack of any proactive action on Shop Marriott's part to keep me informed as to the status of the order.  I was extremely disappointed with the time it took them to get the product to me as well as the lack of customer service on their part. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...