10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2011 7:18 PM by taxman415 RSS

ROLLOVER EXPLINATION

wakeupcall Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

where on the website is the rollover program explained? why is it if you stay over the required nights and the additional ones that were suppose to rollover did not.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: ROLLOVER EXPLINATION
    tjcnewyork Platinum

The official Marriott page where you can track rollover status is Elite Rollover Nights; but one of the clearest explanations is given at Loyalty Traveler.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Thanks TJ--the link you sent is excellent.

wakeupcall Platinum 8 Reviews

TJC - thakn you for finding this as i was looking for a continous rollover but they are only in the year earned. now i am clear on how it works.

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

Thanks for the helpful info.

Remember, however, that the annual threshold for premier platinum is 100 nights --- not 75 --- as per Ed French's May, 2009 letter and email.

Which means that in order to renew premier platinum, you need to need to deduct both the 100 night premier platinum annual qualification threshold (not 75 nights) and your 2009 rollover nights to arrive at your 2010 rollover nights.

• Re: ROLLOVER EXPLANATION
    rcrodgersjr Platinum

I've been told by Rewards customer service that all nights over 75 will be rolled over for 2011 with no subtraction of the nights that were rolled over for 2010. Customer service said that a memo to that affect went out to all customer service personnel a few days ago. We'll just have to wait and see. The subtraction of the nights was something that blind sided me and apparently other members because I could find it no where in the rewards program information last year and customer service agreed. A program shouldn't be this difficult to understand because changes to it are made on the fly.

tjcnewyork Platinum

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab222/TJCNEWYORKINSIDERS/EliteRolloverNights-3.jpg

Excellent follow-up.  As a Google search suggests, there is a high number of comments about rollover nights reflecting a lot of confusion out there.  The Elite phone lines must be very busy.  I like, 'Blindsiding'; it's benign.  And, the response you describe, shows that Marriott rises to the call to be customer-centric to it's most loyal guests.  Thanks for letting us know.

rcrodgersjr Platinum

The correction still hasn't happened. Has anyone heard anything regarding the restoration of the rollover nights that were subtracted from the January 2011 rollover?

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

rcrodgersjr,

Thank you for your follow-up post.  When we first explained on Insiders how roll over nights would work, we stated, incorrectly, that nights from previous years would continue to rollover.  Because we made this statement on Insiders, there is an open invitation to all of the Insiders community who are impacted to send us a personal message with their account number and we will manually update their accounts.  If you would send me your account number I would be happy to make sure your account is adjusted as well.  You can contact us via private message or at MarriottRewardsInsiders@marriott.com.

Regards,

Laura 

• Re: ROLLOVER EXPLANATION
    rcrodgersjr Platinum

Thank you for this reply. You have mail!!

taxman415 Platinum

But there will not be any roll over from 2011 into 2012 on any roll over night from 2010 into 2011... So only the nights "earned" in 2011 over your base (Platinum - 75, Gold - 50, and etc) will roll from 2011 into 2012...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...