8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2011 5:14 PM by countryjim RSS

Status change?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

For a lot of us the posting of EQNs as a result of rollover had been done.  Has anyone seen an Elite Status upgrade or downgrade appear in their account?  I assume the reset and the status updates are done at the same time but I may be wrong.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Status change?
    hopetix Platinum 2 Reviews

I did, and while I am "thrilled" to have platinum premier status (whatever that means)...it means for whatever reasons it only rolled over 17 nights vs. the 75 it should have rolled over meaning I'd have platinum already for next year. So now I wonder what happnes if I don't make the 75 nights next year.....do I then lose my platinum status??

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Can't say if they will keep you at Platinum, I hope they do based on your track record.

You asked what Platinum Premier means:  in three conversations this week with them at the PP desk they have thanked me for being among the most loyal customer, which is something new.  That's a small perk but a nice one.

nukeferret Platinum 1 Reviews

I'm trying to figure out what is happening with my rollover.  I had about 138 nights at the end of 2010, including about 35 nights rolled over from 2009.  My account is currently showing 0 nights rolled over, but 8 'bonus' nights.

Any thoughts?

pointsrmylife Platinum 1 Reviews

What happened is the "new Policy"

for rollover. They now take your previous rollover plus the 75 to maintain your status-I called yesterday but was told that is the way it will be .They are however offering to keep your status at platinum next year if you do not make "number" I also understand they are getting bombarded on this.Quite frankly, if they did not expect that to happen,they must be delusional.

If they had explained it or at least prepared us for it with some notiice,I would think the impact would be less then it is now.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

i do not understand this thread, but by the sound of it, i think i need to figure it out.  can anyone simply explain?  thanks

pointsrmylife Platinum 4 Reviews

At the end of 2009 I rolled 65 nights into 2010.During 2010

I added 138 for a total of 203.

The MR agent told me they have changed the program  moving forward for rollover .

They took the 65 from 2009 plus 75 of the 138 earned in 2010  to maintain my  platinum status.It is no longer cumlative .Your rollover is really only the amount you earn above the magic number in any given year.

cloudman Platinum

Changing the rules without carefully notifying their ultra best customers (and just how many can that be?) is shabby, and dismissive.  Changes my outlook, too.  The world is full is empty hotel-rooms every night, just check out hotels.com.

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

The formula outlined by PointsRmylife is apparently correct----------

My 2010 "Nights this Year"  were 276.

Minus my 2009 rollover nights of 95.

Minus premier platinum 100 nights per year qualification as outlined in Ed French's May 2009 letter and email. 

This equals my 2010/2011 rollover of 81 nights.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...