7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2012 9:11 PM by bhamous RSS

The View -- NY Marriott Marquis

kimkdallas Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Decided to take one night off from the Theatre and have a really nice dinner at the View in the NYC Marriott Marquis.   I booked a table online through Open Table and had absolutely no issues! We waited only a couple of minutes for our table (and I think we were a bit early). We were seated right along the windows, and the view truly was amazing. Only thing is that I wish I’d paid more attention to the map before I went so I knew more what was where --- other than the obvious landmarks, it’s a little hard to know what you’re looking at in the dark. View was wonderful, and it was very relaxing --- a nice change from the hustle and bustle of several evenings of shows.

Dinner is Pre Fixe at $74 with 4-6 options for each course. We had the lobster bisque which was really nice. Rich and creamy. Yum! I had the port chop which was excellent --- it was thick cut and really juicy. I also sampled my fiance’s NY strip which was cooked perfectly. Overall, all 4 of us were really pleased with our dinner choices. I finished with the chocolate for dessert --- also a good choice.

Service throughout was excellent. Our waiter was friendly, helpful and attentive without being overbearing. He also was really helpful --- I asked about using my Marriott Rewards Platinum member discount (20% off) and he was happy to check into it. They honored the discount --- which was great. I was really impressed and how easily they handled it --- some properties don’t do as well. Overall it was a wonderful night!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts New York Marriott Marquis
New York City, New York, USA
  • Re: The View -- NY Marriott Marquis
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

kimkdallas,

What is the Platinum discount you referred to at The View?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Kim may be referring to the Platinum Premier discount that came with the membership materials in 2010.

tjcnewyork Platinum

http://theviewnyc.com/sites/theviewnyc.com/files/images/View-Napkin-2009.jpg

Above:  360 map of Manhattan as experienced from The View, a revolving rooftop restaurant at the Marriott Marquis.

Excellent review!  The View offers guests and diners an unparalleled 360 wraparound experience of Manhattan from the rooftop of the Marriott Marquis at Times Square.  Over the course of an hour, the restaurant makes several complete revolutions. So views of landmarks and skyscrapers like Empire State and Chrysler can be as engaging as the person next to you.  Among the newest additions to the NYC skyline is the neon blue Bank of America spire at 42nd and Avenue of the Americas which is in the southeast quadrant above.

Thank you for mentioning that the View honors the Platinum Premier 20% Food & Beverage Discount card.  Let's hope this benefit continues in 2011 and that more hotel restaurants participate.

andydai Platinum 1 Reviews

hi, can you explain what or point me to where "the View honors the Platinum Premier 20% Food & Beverage Discount card." is?

kimkdallas Platinum

The Platinum Materials for 2010 included a card that can be presented for a 20% discount.   If you are staying there, the hotels that particpate don't always ask for the card.   Those that honor it will let you use it on room service as well!

andydai Platinum 1 Reviews

did you mean the Plantinum status Marriot Card, which was mailed to my home by Marriot after I reached the Plantinum status?

bhamous Platinum

Do all platinum members qualify for a 20% discount at the View restaurant, or just premier? Seems the question wasn't totally clear above.

Thanks

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...