1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 9, 2011 10:19 PM by onzroadagain RSS

Hotel Review - Renaissance Times Square - NYC

kimkdallas Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We stayed at the Renaissance Times Square on rewards points. It was the perfect location as a base for our trip since Broadway was the main attraction.

Front desk was not terribly helpful, but quickly checked us in. They seemed very put off by our questions about perks for platinum rewards members. The property doesn’t have a separate concierge lounge. However, they use their lounge overlooking Times Square to offer breakfast buffet to platinum members.

The R Lounge view is absolutely amazing and makes a great place to watch the world from a birds eye view. Food was good, although when it was busy, they had a hard time keeping tables cleared and food stocked. In the evening, they offer a coupon for 1 appetizer in the lounge. It was a nice perk, but I missed having bottled water and sodas available as you normally find in the lounge. Appetizers were good --- we liked the beef and pork sliders and the spinach dip was excellent. Drinks were pricy, but once you’d ordered one, they didn’t push to keep you moving --- it really made it a great place to relax and enjoy the view. Appetizers were 10-15, cocktails were the same, and beer was about $7.

Our room looked out over 7th Avenue. It was a standard king room. Very comfy beds, newly remodeled with modern bathrooms. Room was clean, and special requests were handled promptly. We didn’t hear any of the street noise, so we slept well! Only complaint is that housekeeping tended to want to clean our room in the late afternoon when we were taking a break between our day and evening activities. Concierge offered great advice, although not all of the staff were all that friendly.

Overall --- really nice property. I know location is everything. I’d definitely come back because of the location, but I did expect a little more in terms of service from a Category 7 Hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
New York City, New York, USA
  • Re: Hotel Review - Renaissance Times Square - NYC
    onzroadagain Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated
    I agree with this posting. thought they'd do more (anything) for platinums. I stayed on a weekend, and there were absolutely zero perks. Location is excellent, but next time I'll head over a block to the Marquis and give them a shot.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...