6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2011 11:13 AM by fhllast4ever RSS

When did visa card point program change?

jjhebigscreen Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Have a friend who has marriott premier visa card and earns 5 to 1 points for non marriott spending and 10 to 1 points for marriott spending. I have the same card but earn 1 to 1 points for non marriott spending and 5 to 1 for marriott spending. Why?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Chicago, Illinois, USA
  • Re: When did visa card point program change?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Far as I know there is only one Premier Visa Chase benefit and that's five to one for Marriott Spending.  If anyone sees a newer deal please let us all know.

My recent emails from Chase and to Chase tell me that the program is the same as it was last year,  same EQNs, same point  rewards, same free night category 1-4, same accelerator awards (spend three K, get an EQN).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

labsrfun Platinum 8 Reviews

There are two cards, the black card gives the most points - it may have a higher annual fee i don't recall.  See this link.

http://www.rewardscards.com/Marriott-Rewards.asp

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Labsrfun is exactly correct - there are two different cards. The black card offers the higher points but also has a higher fee. I still have both cards.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

To clarify:

One, the Silver Card,  is called the Visa Signature and the other, the BlackCard is called the Premier Visa. As far as I can tell from reading the 6 point type in the terms and conditions not much has changed, other than some readjustments to the late fees, and other charges.

Chase is affiliated with other hotel loyatly programs including Hyatt, according to their web site.

The higher annual fee for the Black Card remains where it was last year.

Marriott Rewards® Visa Signature® Card

• Earn 22,500 Bonus Points after your first purchase
    • Receive a free night stay e-certificate upon account approval
    • Earn 3 points for every $1 spent at Marriott® locations
    • Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on other eligible purchases
    • Receive 10 nights credit toward Elite status every year
    • Points can be redeemed for great vacations, airline miles or merchandise!

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Card

• Receive 15,000 bonus points after redeeming for a 7-Night Stay7

• Redeem your hard-earned bonus points for a 7-night redemption stay at a Category 7 or 8 hotel and you'll receive a bonus of 15,000 points. Experiencing a luxurious vacation has never been so rewarding.

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

The free night you get upon approval is Cat 1-4.  The yearly anniversary free night is Cat 1-5. 

fhllast4ever Platinum

I have tha black signature card and it used to be 10 points to $1 purchase (years ago, don't remember exactly when).  Now it's 5 points

for one dollar purchase (new since 2009-2010). Same premier card,

reduced benefit as far as earning points.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...