6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2011 1:37 PM by golfingmaniac RSS

Best Golf Play and Stay

golfingmaniac Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Where are the most connected Play and Stay locations and experiences you have had?  Best places to play, best food, best rooms and properties, and atmosphere.

My entry: Marriott Dessert Springs Villas 1... We enjoy the warmth both in the weather and the hospitality.  The golf all around the area; including Dessert Willow and La Quinta Nicholas Tournament. And the hotel is really dramatic with lots views of the Coachella Valley.  The hotel has wonderful dining as does the surrounding area; even a Morton Steak House across the street!  Great shopping includes the fine stores on El Paseo Drive.  Great get away!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Palm Desert, California, USA
  • Re: Best Golf Play and Stay
    spurfan Platinum

I'll second that.  Just finished a vacation week their at our timeshare and it was fantastic although it did get a little cool.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Residence Inn Palm Desert is located on Cook at Frank Sinatra in Palm Desert and within a stone's throw of the Desert Willow Course.One of our favorite public courses.

Speaking of which, we have a public 18 hole golf course here (Pebble Beach Golf Links) that is fairly close to the Monterey Marriott hotel.  But it normally requires a stay at the Pebble Beach hotels to play there without a months long wait.  And it costs just under 500 a round!  Winter rates at Desert Willow are a better deal.

kahunapremier Platinum

Doral - in a suite overlooking the Blue monster. Three fantastic courses to play on.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Took some friends on a golf junket to Palm Desert. Stayed at Desert Springs Villas II. I have a timeshare there although our junket wasn't on my week. It's a beautiful place.

Have to agree, both Desert Willow courses (FireCliff and Mountain View?) were fantastic. The Marriott courses were good too.

I would also recommend the Classic Club course (old site of the Bob Hope Classic). A real throwback to golf of yesteryear when they gave us the course book with each hole and the distances from pins to the flags. Really enjoyed having to pace off the distance from pin to ball (since there are NO distance markers) to figure club selection. Made the game cerebral....I think I needed a caddy! 

golfingmaniac Silver 8 Reviews

I heard Doral was the bomb!  Is it true one can fly in and go to Doral with nights in south Beach and not rent a car?  Sounds really cool!

golfingmaniac Silver 8 Reviews

Palm Dessert and places like the Classic Club... Unbelievable!! Another great is Thunderbird... If you can get on it is a trip down mid century lane... All you need is Frank and Yule to hang out with.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...