8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 1:28 AM by yosof RSS

Marriott Visa and Cosmopolitan Las Vegas

designdeva Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

For those of you that have stayed at the new Cosmoplitan recently using your Marriott Visa be sure to check you statement.  Just received mine and was not given the 5 points per $ spent for my stay there.  Got the one point per $ for the stay but someone evidently forgot to tell Chase that the Cosmopolitan was now part of the Marriott family.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Visa and Cosmopolitan Las Vegas
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Thanks for the warning.  A Las Vegas acquaintance had a similar experience.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Marriott Visa members expect the perk of an additional 5 points per $ at Marriott hotels; but the warning suggests a gray zone exists.  To clarify, PRNewsWire states that the Cosmopolitan is an independent hotel that is in 'partnership' with Marriott. Chase Marriott Visa T&C refer to Marriott 'locations'; not Marriott 'partnership' or 'family'.

Did anyone at Marriott offer a solution?  Will this be fixed and your MR account credited?  In the meantime, 'partnership' suggests devaluation of the Autograph Collection brand from a Marriott Visa points-earning view.  Let's hope it's an oversight.

My first call was to Chase.  After explaining the situation I was told that they would 'fix it'.  That was just a couple of days ago so I thought I would give them a little time before calling Customer Service.  I am tired, as I am sure most of us are, of all the small print and exceptions in so many business promotions and promises.  I believe we would all be happier if things were spelled out clearly in the first place.  Are you listening Marriott?

Interesting, thanks.  Do you know if he was able to resolve the issue?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Dear Designdiva, its still being researched at the hotel, last time I spoke with the person to whom it happened.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Good feedback.  Posing the Cosmopolitan | Marriott Visa issue as a question on Ask & Answer might yield clarity as Marriott appears active on that channel.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Quick follow-up.  Did Chase 'fix it'?

yosof Platinum 1 Reviews

Any updates? I just swiped my Visa card when I could have used a gift card, especially if I won't be getting 5 points per!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...