7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2011 4:42 PM by mamamia RSS

Ritz Carlton and Marriiott Rewards Points

gshock Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Stayed last week at both the New Orleans Ritz Carlton and the Atlanta Buckhead Ritz Carlton.  Both Hotels substantially understated the number of points on earned and also did not give me credit for using my visa card which affected the MegaBonus total.  If you stay at any of the Ritz Carlton hotels carefully check the reward points posted to your account as apparently they were not trained well.

• Re: Ritz Carlton and Marriiott Rewards Points
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

GShock,

Thanks for the information!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

To All

I have stayed twice at the St Louis Ritz-Carlton and both times, despite repeated efforts to ensure my MR number was entered, I did not receive points for the stays.  The good news is that a call to Marriott rewards corrected the problem both times, but my concern is that it happened twice.  Insiders Beware!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab222/TJCNEWYORKINSIDERS/Ritz-CarltonBrandIntegration.jpg

Agreed, thank you for the heads up.  Brand integration across Marriott Rewards (from the backend) appears to be a work-in-progress.  So, this is excellent feedback.

Currently, when logged in at Marriott.com and searching for hotels by destination, a click on Ritz-Carlton redirects to the Ritz-Carlton property.  What's nice is that my Marriott Rewards number is remembered and filled-in.  As shown above, the text for 'What's This?' suggests that Ritz-Carlton Rewards is the default.

Recalling that the guest experience is end-to-end and begins with the Reservation; as additional constructive feedback, perhaps 'What's This?' text might be smarter and recognize that the booking originated from Marriott.com and that the string of numbers is a Marriott Rewards account and display a message that engages the member, appropriately.

Right now, as GShock, Shoeman, myself and others are reporting the guest experience shows that brand integration is not end-to-end, yet.  So for the meantime, Insiders, don't assume that points earned at Ritz-Carlton are automatically posted, you have to check your account and follow-up.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Did the staff there at the those Rtizes make any special accommodations for you as a valued Platinum member of Marriott Rewards?  Were you offered any upgrades, especially to the Club Level? Did you get anything like a complimentary breakfast during your stay?

Points are very important but I think the recognition that we've come to expect from Marriott is also valuable.

Please let us know

cooldogg Platinum 8 Reviews

Same here.  Stayed at Ritz-Carlton St. Louis and were never credited.  Had to fill out missing stay request with receipt and mailed to Marriott Rewards.  I was eventually credited, but after over a month after check-out.  Be warned.

gshock Platinum

My Marriott Platinum status was not recognized by either the Ritz Carlton in Buckhead or New Orleans other than receiving a 1000 point bonus as a platinum welcome gift. I paid for a package to receive the breakfast and paid to use the club lounge. Also contrary to what I had believed the Marriott Visa also does not recognize Ritz Carlton stays as a marriott stay and I only received 1 point per dollar. Should have used my airline card as their points are worth much more than a marriott point.

mamamia Silver

I got zero points for my 4 day stay at the Ritz Carlton in St. Louis. When I called about it, they said they just started giving Marriott Rewards after my visit:)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...