0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2012 10:57 AM by razorbackfan RSS

Orange Beach, Alabama Fairfield Inn and Suites

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We spent one night at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, Alabama during our leisurely trip along the Gulf coast.  I think it is about 2 years old, but looks brand new.  It is a category 4 hotel located about 1 1/2 blocks from the Gulf of Mexico.  There were always fresh cookies and a bowl of candy at the front desk.  We were upgraded to a suite with a balcony and could see the Gulf from our room.  The rooms on the backside of the hotel overlooked a lake and according to the website have views of abundant wildlife.  A hotel employee verified that there are gators in the lake, but I did not see any.

Our suite had 2 flat screen televisions, a refrigerator, and a microwave.  The microwave came in handy for our leftovers from Lambert's (home of the throwed rolls) in Foley.  The bathroom was large.   I love the black and white tile floors.  I like the recessed lighting over the bed, but wish the switch was by the bed.

Breakfast was consistent with Fairfield Inn fare.  The breakfast attendant kept everything replenished.    

We set the alarm for 1 AM and got up and watched the lunar eclipse.  Early in the evening we could see the moon from our balcony; however, by 1 AM we had to go downstairs to see it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...