1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 2, 2011 12:38 PM by anadyr RSS

Wonderful stay at Marriott Residence Inn, Surprise, AZ

ruthmoss Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I just completed a ten week stay at the Marriott Residence Inn in Surprise, AZ. My entire time there was delightful, and I believe that this is due to the excellent management at the hotel: the captain sets the tone of the ship. The facility was immaculate, all the staff that I interacted with were helpful and congenial, the entire atmosphere conducive to a pleasurable and satisfying stay. At times, a small gift like a couple of chocolates or a bottle of water were left in my suite, adding a pleasant and considerate tone to my already enjoyable experience. I really had not frequented Marriotts in the past, for some reason tending to stay at Hampton Inns. From now on, it will be Marriott for me and for whatever guests I have that I either cannot or choose not to accommodate in my home. In case you think this complementary commentary is from some sweet lady who enjoys gushing and complementing even when not deserved, check out the descriptions of my books on Amazon.com. You will find that my writings are highly controversial, highlighting often overlooked problems in some of our most treasured and accepted programs: the US Peace Corps, the American childhood inoculation program, and our declining educational system. Being a highly critical person, I believe excellence should be expounded upon, as well as incompetence. My compliments to Marriott on this fine facility. Ruth Moss

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Surprise, Arizona, USA
  • Re: Wonderful stay at Marriott Residence Inn, Surprise, AZ
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Dear Ruth

High praise!  And I hope that all Insiders will be as critical as they need to be in mentioning inadequate results from a Marriott stay.  This is a forum for more than positive reviews.  A quick scan of past posts will point to a wide range of discussions--good and bad--on Marriott and other travel experiences.

The good thing is that we are self-regulating. I have been helped by other insiders, and have helped others myself.  We share ideas, experiences and comments as we traverse the globe, racking up points and stays.

Thanks for reminding me (at least) that we can praise what is good and criticize that which is bad, and Happy New year as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...