5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2013 11:03 AM by augstums RSS

Marriott Reward Credit Card - Ritz Carlton

vvaswani Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I have recently received the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card from Chase.  They state that you earn 5 points for every $1 spend at "participating" Marriott locations worldwide.

My question is, are Ritz-Carlton hotels participating in this program?  If I use this credit card at RC hotels, will I earn the 5 points per $1 spent?

I know I can redeem my points at RC hotels, but I am not sure if I earn points through this credit card.  Any thoughts here would be appreciated.  Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Reward Credit Card - Ritz Carlton
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Good question, have you asked the folks at Chase, the card issuer?  And have you called Marriott Rewards to ask them?

In the middle of those two answers that hopefully you'll get will be the way it works.  My Chase card information for the new year with rules changes may have arrived and been tossed out, but their web site (www.chase.com) is a good source of information (you'll need to go through a log-in process) and their help desk there and over the phone is very good.

If you get an answer please let us know here on the forums

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Good Morning, all.

In regard to your question, spending on Marriott Rewards Visa cards at Ritz-Carlton hotels will earn one point per dollar.  We are working with our issuing partner, JPMorgan Chase, to evaluate incremental bonus point premiums for Ritz-Carlton related card spend. Of course any changes to the card program will be communicated to members as they are decided.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks,

Andrew

augstums Silver

We just applied for the Marriott Premier Visa with hopes of receiving RC points (where we will be getting married) and after reading many previous posts we feared we wouldn't receive the 5x per $1 spent unless we had the actual RC Visa.

We haven't activated the MR card yet and called Chase to determine if this was the case. The representative - who was extremely helpful - said that as of March 6, 2013, all RC were included in the 5x per $1 spent. Only RC Destination Clubs still receive the 1x per $1 spent.

Of course we're going to call Chase tomorrow to see if we receive a different answer, but wanted to ask -- has Marriott now worked this out with Chase?

augstums Silver

Called again and it took sometime to get get an answer, but I got the same response from last night -- Beginning in March RC stays will now earn 5x points (Premiere Visa) and 3x points (Business Visa). Destination Clubs still receive 1x points.

Can anyone from Marriott confirm?

gshock Platinum

My previous mistake. Stayed at both the Buckhead and New Orleans Ritz Carlton hotels, used the Marriott Visa and only received 1 point per dollar spent. Will use either Amex or Airline card next time as the points are worth more.