5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2010 2:31 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Hotel Confirmations Way in Advance?

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone else just received confirmations for hotel stays planned in late March or April?  I just got one from Toronto and one from Paris.  Usually I get them five days in advance, but never four months.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hotel Confirmations Way in Advance?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I have one for late April 2011 believe it or not, making me think that the automated process works a little too well.  Also, in times past when this happened I got several of these "reminders" each one asking the same questions.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

I always receive my confirmation shortly after making the reservation.  I later receive a 'reminder of your upcoming stay' closer to arrival date.

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

Wow, we were booked at the Paris CE Dec15-24, and I didn't receive anything...no virtual concierge, and they couldn't give me any info as to possible upgrade, so we canceled and rented a flat!  It is the first time we have never stayed at a Marriott, when one was available, but we couldn't take the chance.  I only wish we would have gotten our confirmation much earlier.  I do believe that months in advance is a bit too much!!!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi NewHilton,

I usually get what you mentioned.  What threw me today was I got two separate confirmations for international stays almost 4 months from now, although I already had the original confirmation.  No problem, of course -- I was just curious.

ProfChiara

tjcnewyork Platinum

Mine is the same as NewHiltonMember.

Due to the recent blizzard which brought New York City to a standstill the day-after-Christmas, we were literally holding our breath with fingers crossed that a snow plow would visit our block. Even with a fully loaded Jeep, we were uncharacteristically snowbound road warriors by 18 inches of powder-coated ice until about 11:00 pm, 12/28.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/12/29/nyregion/29SHOVEL/29SHOVEL-articleLarge.jpg

Above:  Typical New Yorker struggling on an atypical plowed street. New York Times

Below: Typical unplowed street throughout the city especially in the outer boros. New York Times

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/12/29/29plow-span/29plow-span-articleLarge.jpg

My post-holiday check-in orginally planned for 12/26 kept rolling back a day, everyday.  With religious like fervor, I called the hotel and asked for another confirmation with reassurance that a comp upgrade was still available.  Happily and meeting expectations, my Inbox is filled with Confirmations and Reminders.  We're looking forward to getting on the road and checking-in tomorrow.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...