4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2010 8:11 PM by profchiara RSS

No Christmas Present for Wife Thanks to Marriott Rewards

ptdublin Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Marriott Rewards failed.  I placed an order with Marriott Rewards on November 27th and was assured the reward would be delivered by Christmas.  On 12/1 they said it was shipped.  On 12/6 they said they would make an inquiry because we had not received the reward.  On 12/16 they said they would make an inquirey.  I never heard from them.  I called twice between Dec 22 and 24th and was promised there would be overnight delivery.  Marriott Rewards failed and I had to explain to a disappointed wife on Christmas morning what happend.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No Christmas Present for Wife Thanks to Marriott Rewards
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I am a bit confused since the rewards (if they are for reward stays) are e-certificates that are online not delivered to you at home.  If it was for a gift card or dollar value then they did drop the ball.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Are you talking about a hotel reward, or something ordered from a Marriott gift (using points) catalogue, or something from their ShopMyWayMall? I am guessing it's not a hotel reward from what you said.

Your possible recourse might be different depending on which of the above was the gift.

ProfChiara

jaxtroy Member 3 Reviews

That suck!!!!!!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi, Ptdublin,

Can you please explain more what happened?  If this was a Marriott catalogue or Marriott online mall problem, something can probably be done at least to compensate you.  If it was a hotel, you should, as SteppingStones said, have received an e-certificate that the hotel would've had on hand.

Hope you have a happier New Year!
    ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...