0 Replies Latest reply: Dec 25, 2010 1:18 PM by razorbackfan RSS

Our Holiday Travel Story (2003)

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Our Christmas card in 2003 featured a visit to the Grand Canyon.  What an awesome place!  Pictures just do not do it justice.  One of the things on my bucket list was to take the mule ride to the bottom of the canyon.  I was sooooo disappointed when we were unable to get reservations for the time we were there; however, when I saw the path that the mules follow I was relieved that we had not gotten reservations.

The following story has nothing to do with the holidays, but it occurred on the same trip and has become a favorite story in our family.  We were in Arizona to surprise my aunt on her 75th birthday.  We arrived mid-afternoon on a Friday and were greeted by another aunt/uncle who had just returned from eating lunch and they recommended we try the restaurant where they had just eaten.  It was about 3 in the afternoon and we were seated immediately.  As I looked around the restaurant, I saw my aunt (whose SURPRISE party we were in town for) sitting just behind me on the other side of a divider.  I quickly turned around and slid down in my seat.  I told my husband what was happening and he got the attention of a waitress who quickly moved us to the other side of the restaurant.  To this day, my aunt says that she did not see us.  It would have broken my heart to have ruined the surprise.  There would have been no explanation I could have given as to why we were in Phoenix without seeing her.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Arizona, USA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...