1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 24, 2010 10:29 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

marriott orlando world center stay 10 nights

hahaha48 Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I stay at this hotels many times before in the last 15 years

I am a platimun member and my wife always ask for complimentary breakfast every time we stay at a marriot if it do not have a conciege lounge or if the lounge is not open in the week ends

On 11/2010 I stay there for 10 nights playing in a bridge tournament. I ask for the free breakfast when I check in. The manager said no and can only offer me one free breakfast out of 10 night stay.

Well I turn her down completely and told her she can keep that free breakfast herself and I am not that cheap. I do not want one I want 10. I would rather not have any if that is her attitude.

I do not think she understand it is the service I want. So I stay there for 10 full days playing bridge and I only spent 2 dollars for french fry and 6 dollars for soft drinks. I did not even use my 1/2 price coupon for a meal.

I want to post this to tell Marriot that if that is their attitude they are going to make a lot less money from their customer then they could. I would have spent at least $500 in meals there or even more becaue I eat with a lot of friends who play bridge there. If I were the manager I would at least offer a 2 for 1 prices for all break fast and they would still break even plus any other meals I eat there that they could make good moneys. Turns out all bridge players can get 20% discount on all restuarants. The manager did not even offer me 20% off my breakfast.  How sad is it for a horrible PR.

• Re: marriott orlando world center stay 10 nights
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

http://www.conventions.net/uploads/press/_146.jpg http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/m/mcowc/phototour/mcowc_phototour66.jpg

Located less than 5 miles from the Orange County Convention Center and 2 miles east of Downtown Disney with a golf course, convention center, 10 popular dining venues, nearly 1,900 rooms and 110 suites on 28 floors plus 3 Marriott Vacation Clubs with over two hundred 2 and 3 bedroom villas nearby, the Orlando World Center is more than a hotel, but designated as a Marriott Resort.

As a rule, Marriott Resorts do not have a Concierge Lounge; and do not offer complimentary breakfast to Elites.  According to the Marriott Rewards Elite Membership Overview, Guaranteed Lounge Access/Free Continental Breakfast is a benefit "Available at participating Marriott Hotels, JW Marriott Hotels, Renaissance Hotels, Autograph Collection and Marriott Conference Centers (Not available at resort locations)".

Many Elites Insiders share unmet expectations regards the lack of Gold and Platinum Elite benefits available at Marriott Resorts specifically complimentary upgrades, Concierge Lounge access and complimentary breakfast.  The expectation is definitely there and your Front Desk experience suggests that better training of associates handling Elite questions might offer a solution worth looking into.  This is especially so at the OWC, a very popular resort for road warriors attending large meetings, events and conventions in Orlando and the Orange County area.

Thanks for your feedback.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...