3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2010 7:55 AM by nicerinperson RSS

Marriott Courtyard - Wash DC - Rhode Island Ave

crkermit Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I stayed at this hotel several times over the last few months. The location is great for where I am working and the staff is pretty friendly. Trouble is that the internet access is horrible. I asked three times through both the hotel and the internet provider (Golden Tree) to help resolve the problems. I finally checked out of the hotel when Golden Tree told me the hotel does not have enough access ports to make sure all their guests have the access they need. I hated to take my business away, but in my business a quality internet access is important.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Washington, D.C., USA
  • Re: Marriott Courtyard - Wash DC - Rhode Island Ave
    tjcnewyork Platinum

How ironic.  The Courtyard brand's focus is business travel and high-speed internet along with broadband wireless connectivity is imperative.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

For what it's worth my wireless adapter on my laptop sometimes picks up a Golden Tree SSID from adjacent hotels and the connection is always painfully slow.  As others have posted, the Internet speeds at most Marriotts are really, really low and slow. I hope they can rectify this situation within the new year.

nicerinperson Platinum

I've not stayed at that hotel, but stayed at a FI with horrible connectivity and told them I was checking out due to the connection. I explained I really only need 3 things, a shower, a bed and the internet when I travel for work and they were letting me down. After a few months away I decided to give them another try and they had indeed changed providers and I had no problems with internet access.

My suggestion would be to contact the manager and let them know they will be losing your business. You may be the one who helps them decide to change or fix the problem!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...