17 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2011 4:23 PM by NathalieF RSS

A Dream New Year's Eve Destination

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

New Year's Eve--it's more than just a date; it's an experience, the ending of one year and a commencement of another when we'll take a cup o' kindness, yet, as the song goes.

What's that special destination where you'd like to spend New Year's Eve?  Is it Times Square where you and a million or so of your new friends will ring in the new year, or is it more leisurely at the other end of the US, sitting at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco hoping the fog will not be too thick to enjoy an evening under the stars?  Perhaps you'd like to get away and see Paris, the city of lights, for that day? Maybe down under in scenic Sydney on a warm end of December night? Dreams aside, what are your plans for December 31st?

Check out the poll posted at the top of the page in which you can vote for your favorite Dream New Year's Eve destination.  I've got my choice marked, what about you?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Palm Desert, California, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
  • Re: A Dream New Year's Eve Destination
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Alas, I'm a boring person.  My New Year's Eve is always the same, whether at home, in Paris or Rome.  To bed at 8pm with the hope that outside noise won't wake me up until the New Year.  That's when life gets really interesting, with the NFL playoffs and Super Bowl.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kayjbee Platinum

Las Vegas, Baby!!  Bring in the new year in the city that never sleeps. You dont have to dress warm and stand in crouds, the drinks are cheap, you dont need a cab, no children, and lastly, you already speak the language.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Not on the list but I vote for California's Desert during NYE. We've done this for the last couple years.  A nice party (no cover in the past) is always held at the JW Marriott and a local attorney (not affiliated with the hotel) is kind to provide FREE cab rides home for all who need that service.  A very generous thing.

If the weather cooperates you can watch the swans gliding along the Lake at the JW and see more stars that you ever thought were possible. And we West Coasters can watch NYC's ball drop, stay warmer than they are and be in bed by 10 pm PST, at the latest!

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I would like to have a really fast jet at my disposal and spend the New Year in as many locations as possible.  My husband votes for Hawaii.

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

While I'd prefer to be somewhere (ANYWHERE!) warm, I will be in New Jersey with friends and family doing a progressive dinner party on NYE.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Stepping:

An experience it is! After having spent most of our years celebrating in the cold up north and then many more with friends when we had our home in the Caribbean, we have now settled into our Florida landscape for the occasion. We like to share it with good friends (when they can make it from their faraway destinations) and neighbors from our Santa Rosa Beach area.

Since we are in the central time zone (yes, northwest FL is in the central time zone!) we can all watch the craziness in Times Square and then when we strike midnight here we retreat to our upper floor deck and watch the incredible fireworks displays that unfolds along the coastline in front of us from Destin to Panama City Beach. It is quite a sight!

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

"We like to share it with good friends"

Can I be your good friend??? 

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

NewHilton:

You betcha!.....as long as there's an invite to the progressive dinner!

That might be a thought.....wouldn't it be a grand idea if Marriott could put together an Insiders bash somewhere!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

count me in!

tjcnewyork Platinum

Me too!

redwood Platinum 5 Reviews

You got to go to Edinburgh for the Hogmanay celebrations!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Great Idea!

I am with Razorback that Hawaii is tough to top of Christmas!

Am spending this Christmas at Wentworth by the Sea.  Very special place.

(Will report details when I have some photo's)

Want to thank, TJC for the recommendation!

kahunapremier Platinum

Tonga then fly to New Zealand. Marriott really needs to get to those places.

cosmiccatnip Platinum

For me it's Phuket in Thailand: I have spent NY there four times (not since i had kids though) miss it terribly. It sone of the most beautiful places in the world

ppino69 Platinum 1 Reviews

I will be spending my new years eve at the Houston Intercontinental Airport (IAH) Marriott..early flight out in the morning..will go to gym tonight to be good to myself and get up at 5am tomorrow to start a great year!

• New Years Eve at the Ritz Carlton in Buckhead Georgia
    gshock Platinum

Spending New Years eve at the Buckhead Ritz Carlton with my family.  Club open till 11:00pm and just returned from Ritz in New Orleans.  Have a Heathy, Happy, Marriott Family New Years. last year a little more active as we stayed at the Ritz in Orlando Lakes with midnight fireworks. Now that was the BEST

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Good Afternoon, all.

Thanks so much for sharing your dream New Year's Eve destinations. While the link to the poll is no longer on the homepage, you are still welcome to vote (if you haven't done so already!) and can find the poll here.

Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2011! May you all come closer to spending your next New Year's Eve at your dream destination.

Regards,

Andrew

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...