1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 22, 2010 10:14 AM by anadyr RSS

Marriott vacation Club - Charges

lesliepamel Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have been an MVCI owner for 23 years. For the last 3 years I have been very disappointed with the way that this part of Marriott is operated. I feel completely betrayed by MVCI.

I am writing as MVCI has just told me of their latest charge, and I am appalled, shocked, disgusted, and very very angry.

My dear wife died in August this year, and I recently informed MVCI so that they could remove her name from the title deeds. I WAS TOLD THAT FOR THEM TO DO THIS THEY HAVE TO CHARGE ME $250. Wow, that has to be profiteering big time!

I am a resident of the UK, and I have informed Her Majesty's Land Registry  (A government department that registers the title of all land and property in this country) of my wife's passing, in order that the deeds of my residential home could be placed in legal order. On production of a certificate of death, they complied with my request - AND THEY DID NOT CHARGE ME A SINGLE PENNY!

I purchased my first Marriott weeks in 1987, and the names on the deeds were that of my wife and I. In 1996 my two sons reached the age of 21 yrs and I requested to have their names placed on the timeshare deed. The good old- style management of Marriott of yesteryear did this for nothing.

So what has changed? Marriott has just grown excessively greedy.

Can anyone explain the legal justification for this charge? or what might happen if one decides not to pay that amount.

In the future when my sons and I die, then Marriott would have made a $1000 from my family. Clearly the timeshare sales associate was being untruthful when he told me that Marriott timeshare was a cost efficient was of taking vacations!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Marriott vacation Club - Charges
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Leslie

I am sorry for your loss, one that is compounded by what appears to be an insensitive response to your query at MVCI. This treatment seems out of place for Marriott.  I hope that they will read your post and reconsider what seems to be a purely business decision and have a heart instead.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...