3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2010 5:19 PM by razorbackfan RSS

Our Holiday Travel Story (2007)

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Our 2007 Christmas card featured two of our favorite destinations...Louisville, Kentucky and San Francisco, California. 

A visit to the Louisville Slugger Museum was the highlight of our trip to Louisville.  If you have visited the museum, you've probably viewed the wall where they feature the players who had contracts with them.  I remembered my dad telling us about his bat contract so I started looking through all the names during the time frame he played.  I was thrilled when I found his signature.  It was a very emotional moment for me.  I was able to order bats for my brother and me that matched the specifications of the bats my dad used and had his familiar signature on them.

Our trip to San Francisco was part of a trip we took to California to follow the Tour of California, a professional bicycle race.  We followed stages from Sausalito to Long Beach.  One of our favorite cities we visited was Solvang.  We had so much fun that we returned in 2009 and followed stages from Clovis to Escondido.

(I tried to attach a picture of us with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background, but it was too dark when attached. Can anyone tell me why this might happen? It also happened when I attached pictures from our 2010 Christmas card).
  • Re: Our Holiday Travel Story (2007)
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Great story!

Thanks for sharing this with us.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Great report! I have had no problem attaching photos except when they are too big (eg too many MB).  Wish we could have seen them.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Thanks Stepping Stones.  My husband thought the size was what was causing the problems.  He has offered to resize the ones that are coming out too dark so we may be able to get more of them up.  Merry Christmas and best wishes for a healthy and prosperous 2011.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...