4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2010 6:32 PM by laowai RSS

Renaissance St Louis

hleighb Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Really bad Renaissance.  Can't get to my floor cause the elevator that keeps coming for me won't allow access to Concierge level.  Hallway on my floor (10) smells like smoke.  Front desk (at 8:30 AM) has 1 associate who appears to be new and isn't very fast - with 4 people waiting for assistance (with me there because my key card failed).  ARGH......

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
  • Re: Renaissance St Louis
    superchief1 Platinum

Are you staying at the airport or downtown location? I have always had excellence experiences at the airport location.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

If you are referring to the downtown location I could not agree more.  The front desk has been very unprofessional and they do a terrible job of recognizing platnium guest.  Management has a lot of work to do with their staff!!

lorirobert Platinum

Our company used it for a very large conference we had in May 2009 and at that time, it was very lovely and the front desk was very helpful.  We had our VIP's (CEO's of steel companies, security and all) housed there and they were all very satisfied as well.  Maybe it has had a large turnover or management changed since then?

laowai Gold

I have to agree with OP as well.

No recognition of elite status and generally apathetic staff.

I also thought the property overall was one of the least appealing I've stayed at.  The rooms were small and everything just looked more worn out than I would expect from a Renaissance.

The Union Station Marriott is also downtown and a much better choice, IMO.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...