1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 15, 2010 4:08 PM by NathalieF RSS

Using Points as $$

kayjbee Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Has Marriott ever considered using their points system to allow members to use on-site facilities, paying with points? Recently I stayed at a very nice Courtyard in Tacoma WA. (don’t laugh). Down stairs is a real nice Spa and Massage Lounge. Personally, I would have had no problems giving up a few hundred points in order to use their facilities. There were barbershops and other businesses at that location too. I am sure there are other services and products that are associated with the Marriott properties. Since using point system favors your position financially, it would seem like a good idea to let members use points other than cash. I understand that there would be a problem having access to each member available points, but if used and asked for in advance, that would eliminate that problem. For example I want to stay at the JM Resort, Las Vegas and have a round of golf on Friday morning using only points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Using Points as $$
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
    Currently Being Moderated

Good Afternoon, Kayjbee.

Marriott Rewards' Instant Redemption does, in fact, let you redeem points instantly at any participating Marriott across the US (except Hawaii), Canada and Europe (includes the United Kingdom, France and Germany) for anything that can be charged to your guest room: dinner, cocktails, massage, golf, room upgrades, etc. No certificates are needed.

For information and details feel free to read our post announcing its launch, as well as the official page on MarriottRewards.com (http://www.marriott.com/marriott/instant.mi). I hope this information helps - thanks!

Regards,

Andrew

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...