3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2010 9:05 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Update on LTS

kahunapremier Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

One reason (I'm sure there are others, but Marriott isn't saying) I was told that LTS isn't posted online is that they believe it would "confuse" you and I when LTS information is posted along with "Point Balance". They get LTS information from about 3-4 different screens.

My response: Label the information properly, like call "Point Balance" Current Year Point Balance and that should pretty much take care of that comparison with LTS.

I really think Marriott should revisit that concept and add that to our profile, so we can see that information when we log on.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Update on LTS
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Remind us please...what is LTS? Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Did you mean Lifetime Stays (for LTS)?

tjcnewyork Platinum

Agreed. There are at least four factors that would contribute to confusion.

First, it is not clear if LTS includes redeemed nights; that is, nights stayed using Marriott Rewards points.

Second, is the absence of 'deeded' nights stayed prior to July 2008 in LTS.  For those who have been very loyal to Marriott on the lodging side and became a Marriott Vacation Club timeshare owner, the deeded nights stayed were not counted towards Elite status until after June 2008.  For multiple-week timeshare owners posting LTS would make this fact more visible.

Third, under the new Marriott Destination Club points program which is separate and distinct from Marriott Rewards, there is potentially more confusion.  You can buy Destination Points which can be used for travel packages in Marriott's Explorer Collection which may include stays at Marriott hotels.  As explained by a Marriott Vacation Club sales rep, those stays will not be counted towards Elite status because they are booked through a 3rd party.

According to posts on FlyerTalk, SPG posts LTS and members have noted discrepancies. This highlights a potential fourth factor of confusion.  Many will recall that stays at Courtyard by Marriott among other brands were separate.  It is not clear if LTS will reflect stays merged from other Marriott brands before the integration of brands under Marriott Rewards.  Given the challenges of data integration, who knows if it is even possible?

So, while I fully support revisiting the concept of LTS, it is with the hope and anticipation that LTS will be an accurate measure reflecting all nights stayed for all Marriott brands whether paid or points or booked through a third party.  Kudos to Marriott if they can realize LTS in this way.  Thoughts?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...