This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2011 12:56 PM by newhiltonmembr RSS

Forum Posts - Sort Sequence

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I recently thought that the "new" site had finally worked out the sort issue of responses to forum posts by filtering the newest responses to the top of the 4 (unfortunately) categories.

But, looking at the forums over the last couple of days has proved me wrong.

Andrew, how are we supposed to follow the most recent posts without subscribing to every post?  Please fix this.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA
  • Re: Forum Posts - Sort Sequence
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Agreed, but to be diplomatic, my take is that 'sort sequence' is another work-in-progress.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

newhilton  -  thanks sooooo much for your candor.  sometimes I feel like i'm the only one struggling with the site.  oftentimes, the posters suggest all is again fine in the world, lots of progress, Marriott is really working hard, etc...... searching for posts is a trermendous hassle.  period.

I just find it somewhat amazing that I can implement an entire payroll/benefits/human resources system with multiple modules for thousands of employees in less time than Marriott can fix (neverless implement) this little MR Insiders site.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

agreed.  as I have said before, if they do not see this site a  profit genorator, they really have NO incentive to spend time/money/effort fixing-improving it. 

tjcnewyork Platinum

Agreed.  Sort Sequence is a usability issue.  Inconsistencies aside, the lag time between Submit and the post appearing on Home or the Forums is confusing - especially since refresh, logging off or cleaning out cache does not work.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I agree, NewHilton.  I just posted a response to SteppingStones request for our ideas for a perfect stay, and it's not visible without searching.

ProfChiara

tjcnewyork Platinum

"if they do not see this site a  profit genorator, they really have NO incentive to spend time/money/effort fixing-improving it"

Could be, but, why would members of the Marriott Rewards team spend so much time answering Ask & Answer questions if that hypothesis were true?  Inconsistent sorting of messages is a flaw and contributes to a less than user-friendly experience.  But, it doesn't render Insiders completely unusable.

With several lessons learned, let's be confident about steps to ensure that Insiders will have a positive experience as we turn the corner on a new year.

tjcnewyork Platinum

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab222/TJCNEWYORKINSIDERS/WalkinOurShoes-1.jpg

Ok - the clock's ticking and the Focus Group moderator is walking about probing.  (The new judge on American Idol, Jennifer Lopez did comment that she liked a contestant's shoes and the camera zoomed-in. So, the central theme of this post is inspired by Walk in our Shoes.)

The good Professor is strolling the desert in Israel,  Stepping Stones is snapping sunsets in golf shoes on Pebble Beach and poor Andrew is booted in accounts that are rolling over.   But, since you're so wonderfully slippered and can easily turn heads just walking by....  Before I head off w/Valentine in hand....  Could you answer a few?

What do we need?   More 'Forums'?  What about Entertainment or Resorts and Vacation Clubs?  What platform solution should we zoom-in on?  (hint)  Let's see if this post (now at the bottom of the stack) can zoom out and up a few notches.

Just maybe other Insiders might see this and have some thoughts?  Care to get the discussion going on setting priorities about sorting and sequencing of posts?

Be back in a few...

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Last week, MRI hosted two web-cam conference calls lasting 90 minutes each. I was one of five "top-contributors" to MRI in my Friday session and all of us shared opinions regarding the MRI site. Points were made about navigation (or lack thereof), searching constraints, limited forum selections; you name it, we likely covered it in depth. Our moderator was carefully taking notes and will present our opinions to the MRI development staff as possible enhancements to the MRI site.

At this point, I feel MRI is listening to valued input and am confident that a move is underway to improve the site. I believe the web-cam conferences were unprecedented for a forum like MRI.

I doubt MRI can incorporate every suggestion but there were definitely some trends in consensus that seemed to rank highest in need. Sorting, searching, and presentation of posts was tops in the list.

As a software professional, I understand the effort required to incorporate these suggestions and enhancements - it will take some time. Hang tight, don't give up - there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks very much for the encouraging update, Pingreeman!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...