11 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2010 9:31 AM by profchiara RSS

Marriott Rewards VISA Promotion

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone else experienced problems with either registering for promotions or getting them counted?  When I try to register for promotions, it says as a Platinum Elite that I am automatically registered.  Yet when I go to Promotions Central, it lists the Marriott Rewards VISA as one of my promotions, but does not list any stays.  I will likely have at least the minimum number of stays by January 15, but it looks as if that won't be credited.

Another issue -- I recently (out of sheer good luck) cancelled a certificate reservation at the JFK Courtyard because I was able to get a Boston flight the same day rather than the next.  I have not called Marriott about this, frankly because I'd rather get the promotion points (as above), but even though I cancelled before the deadline the unused certificate has disappeared from my account.

So be aware of the possibility that there is not an automatic re-listing or credit once you've booked on a certificate.

ProfChiara

• Re: Marriott Rewards VISA Promotion
    ontherun Platinum

I am also platimun but I have receieved all the nights I earned.  Remember you have to use you Visa as the method of payment.  I have already got the first bonus points credited to my accout.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I always use my Marriott VISA (for everything), so I don't know what's up.

Thanks,
    ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Only once did I fail to get the nights. I call to Platinum Premier solved the issue.

Has anyone else gotten a Chase/Marriott 15,000 [point bonus recently?  I am not complaining and it must be because I've charged so much on the card, but there was no explanation.

I haven't gotten a 15,000 point bonus -- here's hoping!

rosegrower Platinum

I thought I have 20 stays already, but only got credit for 6! Apparently they don't count by 2 weeks at MVC's I own. At those I don't get charged for the nights...since I own them...but any thing I purchase goes on my Marriott Rewards Visa card. I'm a lilttle disappointed about this. But....???

tjcnewyork Platinum

Agreed.  It is irritating that prepaid nights such as 'deeded' nights at an MVCI property are ineligible for the promotion points even though the maintenance fees were paid with Visa.  Marriott owners pay a considerable sum and the requirement that owner nights must be stayed and paid for during the promotion period creates disadvantage and merits rethinking.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Irrespective of their eligibility for the Visa promotion, MVCI deeded nights do count towards Elite Qualifying Nights (EQN) and accrue towards an owner's Elite status (Silver, Gold, Platinum).  The lion's share of MVCI owners are also Elite business travelers and seasoned road warriors.  In response to repeated feedback, this enhancement to Marriott Rewards became effective, July 2008.

Hi Pingreeman,

I checked as you suggested and it takes me to the promotions, but says I have no updates -- yet I just stayed 5 nights in Istanbul and will have 5 more this week in Cairo then more in late Dec. and early January.  I guess it will require a call when I get home.  I used to be able to see the promotions as you described but it's implying I haven't stayed at any (yet as always I used my Rewards VISA.

Thanks anyway,

ProfChiara

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi Professor,

Did you stay in Istanbul using points or did you pay for your room?

Paid for it!  As I will be paying for everything else.  I didn't stay at a Marriott in late September/October because I was in Avignon, where there isn't one.  But the 5 nights in Istanbul were paid, 5 will be in Cairo, 3 will be in Boston and I'm sure I'll have at least 2 more before Jan. 15.  What really bothers me is that the promotion is just not showing at all, whereas they have in the past.

Thanks, ProfChiara

I finally found the answer to my original post about the lack of nights stayed for the VISA promotion.  After my Cairo trip showed up immediately as 5 stays, I knew they had not included Istanbul.  I called the Platinum line this morning and got one of the best associates ever, named Vance.  He immediately researched it, found the nonlisted stay, and said they had posted it as a stay but did not include that I had used my VISA card (which I always use).  Problem fixed, but it pays to check out both award points (mine were again posted incorrectly, which I had to call about yesterday) and promotions regularly.

ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...