8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2011 3:57 PM by roadwarrior72 RSS

HAWAII

smiths Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am a Marriott Vacation Club owner and I want to trade a week for Hawaii. My wife and I have never visited Hawaii so we are looking for some help on what Island or MVC property we should try to stay. Since this is our 1st visit any suggestions on how to travel from Island to island inexpensvily would be much appreacited.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: HAWAII
    retired Platinum

I really like the Kauai Beach club if its just two of you. The pool is really LARGE, and the property is nice. You have Duke's restaurant on site, with Bare Foot Bar below it. Kauai is the most lush of the Hawaian islands. We own five timeshares all in Hawaii (Kauai Beach Club, Waiohai, and Maui Ocean Club) and we have stayed at Ko Olina three times, our first choice is KBC. Maui Ocean Club in the summer time is really crowded, Ko Olina is a ways out from everything, but the lagoons are really great. Waiohai is all two bedroom and has a small pool but the BBQ's are nice (more set up for family).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

heartplatinum Platinum 1 Reviews

I stayed at Ko Olina in 2007, beautiful property but not much else. I really didn't feel like I was on vacation in Oahu. I just returned today from Kauai, stayed at Waiohi and I loved it. It is all 2 BR villas but it was pretty nice. There are no resturaunts on site though. There is a new vacation club at the Kauai Lagoons, unbelievable. We did a tour and it was the most amazing property I've ever seen. I also checked into the Kauai Marriott for the day because my flight departed at 935 pm. They also have 1 BR villas here with kitchenettes although I just had a regular hotel room. The property is very pretty and there seemed to be a lot of activities going on. Waiohi was more relaxing but Kauai seemed more entertaining.

mcinsider Platinum 1 Reviews

good luck using trade to get Hawaii timeshare, but if you do please let me know what you did. we are a platinum and a timeshare owner (Aruba) and have had a request in for Hawaii for 13 months and we have heard nothing. Any suggestions?

smiths Platinum 1 Reviews

I always trade back to Interval and when I am on a hunt for a particualr property I always check between 6:00-7:00 a.m. CST and eventually I "always" find what I need. I know interval says they update all the time all day, but I don't really believe that. Try what I am saying consistantly for 30 days when you see what you want book it you have 24 hours to cancel with Interval.

Thanks for the information it was helpful. I will be traveling with 4 adults so I am really hoping we can get a 2b timeshare nailed down. Do you know what is the best method of transportation between the islands?

Thanks for the information. It appears you are not suggesting Oahu @ all and that if I go I need to go Kauai. Have you ever been to Maui? Have you ever traveled from one island to another and what mode of transportation did you use if you did? I will be traveling with another couple so there will be 4 adults total so we are hoping to find a 2B timeshare.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Airfare from New York to Honolulu for a family of 4 is not inexpensive.  Add to that the inter-island travel, plus car rental.  Leveraging costs over a two-week period was the best plan for us.  So, over a two year period, my wife and I deposited a week w/Interval International to do a classic 2-week family vacation in Hawaii at Marriott's Kauai Beach Club and Marriott's Maui Ocean Club.

We selected Kauai and Maui because they showcase the natural beauty of tropical Pacific islands.  Both islands feature many natural attractions including beaches, mountains, waterfalls, unique fauna, flora and more.  Maui has a volcano.  And, Marriott Vacation Club offered luxurious 2 bedroom 2 bath accomodations which were just right for our family at that time to serve as our 'home away from home.'

http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/l/lihka/phototour/lihka_phototour13.jpg?Log=1

http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/h/hnmmh/phototour/hnmmh_phototour01.jpg?Log=1

Top & Bottom: Marriott's Kauai Beach Club, Marriott's Maui Ocean Club

Marriott's Kauai Beach Club shares the amenities of the Marriott Kauai Resort so we enjoyed dining at the hotel as well as restaurants recommended by the concierge.  Marriott's Maui Ocean Club is among several resorts along Maui's famous Kaanapali coast and dining options are plentiful.

Asking to choose between Kauai or Maui presents a challenge.  Both are beautiful, unique and extraordinary for a vacation of a lifetime.  Assuming you own legacy week(s) (home resort-based weeks vs. Destination Club Points), and price and time is no object, I highly recommend planning for and visiting both islands, there's enough to do, see and enjoy over 2 weeks and Marriott Vacation Club is there as a 'home away from home.'

roadwarrior72 Platinum

Our family loves Maui.  Been there twice and last time we bought a timeshare.

The resort in Wailea has been remodeled recently and offers as much or as little as you want to do.

We didnt stay in the timeshare location in Maui but toured it.  The newer sections of the hotel are beautiful and the beach is literally just a couple feet from the edge of the property.

The island itself has tons of cool things regardless of your interest. We drove the island in a rented jeep, took a submarine ride, snorkeled in several locations, you name it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...