1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 3, 2010 10:44 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Nice hotel, great service.

everferrari Silver
Currently Being Moderated

After selecting carefully among various high-end hotels in Los Angeles, I decided to accommodat a group of my guests in Los Angeles Marriott Downtown, because of its reasonable price, convenient location and friendly environment.

The hotel is located in the heart of downtown L.A. just by the 110 Highway, with a subway station within walking distance. In the evening, it has a gorgeous view of the skyscrapers in the city, as if they are within the reach of one's hands.

Because of the importance of the group staying, I requested the hotel management to have special arrangements taken care of in order to make my guests feel best. And the hotel did not dissappoint them. One of the examples is that Cantonese-style breakfast is specially prepared for the group. When the group finished their breakfast, they all praised the delicious cuisine. Obviously, being able to have such nice home breakfast was out of their expectation.

During the second evening of the group's stay in the hotel, I was informed that the group's schedule for the next day had been changed and they would have to set out for a meeting one hour earlier than expected and I realized that Cantonese breakfast wouldn't be ready by their departure because it was outsourced to a resturant somewhere 25 miles away. I called one of the hotel managers to discuss the situation and was told that asking the resturant to have an earlier delivery was virtually impossible because it was already late, but I was also told that the hotel would work out a solution. The worst situation would be that the group would have continental breakfast instead.

Surprisingly, hot and savory Cantonese breakfast was ready to serve when the group arrived at the Concierge Lounge. The manager told me that she got up at 5:30 AM, drove to the resturant and delievered the breakfast to the hotel all by herself instead of waiting for the resturant's delievery. My guests and I were more than happy to enjoy the breakfast that morning and everyone expressed appreciation for the manager's courteous service.

If you ask me whether I would place my future guests in some other hotels in downtown L.A., the answer is definitely "No". Los Angeles Marriott Downtown is my first and only choice in future.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Los Angeles, California, USA
  • Re: Nice hotel, great service.
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Ever,

Thanks for this information!

Never stayed, but would consider in the future.

Have enjoyed the Ren. in Hollywood and the Magic Castle.

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...