5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2010 8:46 PM by nuhusker RSS

Concierge Grab and GO

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This morning at the Lounge in the Fairview Park (VA) Marriott a gentleman came in and filled a paper coffee cup with scrambled eggs and added a little salt and pepper.  I asked why and he said that he was pressed for time (it was early) and wanted protein for the road!

Made me wonder if there could be a "grab and go" food option for road warriors in the morning?  Much of the hot food seems to go to waste at the end of the morning, suggesting to me that the choices do not fit with the guests for the most part, at least at this hotel.

Maybe we can devise cute names for these choices?

• Eggs a la Platinum
  • Marquis McBagels
  • Concierge to go

or not!

Just a thought.

• Re: Concierge Grab and GO
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Actually, a few years back there were breakfast bags to go at one of the Fairfield Inns in Portland, Maine.

I think it's a great idea more generally, because especially when I'm flying home from Europe I usually have to leave for the airport even before the restaurant or lounge is open.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

While I was on the road (working from home for my client this year!), I 'grabbed and went' every morning.  The staff always gave me a plastic container and utensils for my take away.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Hey SteppingStones - what do you think of the Marriott Fairview Park?  I've stayed there a number of times and always enjoyed it.  In fact, I'll be back there this coming Sat for 4 nights.  Good breakfast buffet on weekends for platinum if you're still there.  Enjoy your trip.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

NUHUSKER,

On balance it has been better, by a whole lot, in past stays. We're out of here in the am but several things clouded the stay:  Evening concierge is totally uninterested in guest needs, shuttle to the subway is running haphazardly and driver acutally fibbed to the front desk that he made a run when he did not, and comment cards are now out of the rooms (there may be a trend there) and none can be found no one in the hotel could produce their business cards when asked!!!!

New ownership in the past few months, lack of training, bad timing--who can say?

A comment card was just delivered by housekeeping so we have lots to say.  Once you've been here let me know what you think-and ask for a comment card.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Well that's too bad...definitely not the way it was just two short months ago...then again maybe I just have low expectations. I will once again visit our heroes at WRAMC on Tuesday.  There is nothing more humbling, including my regular visits to the wall to pay tribute to my 5 very close friends who died in another cause.  I will get back to you in a week or so to report on FP Marriott.  Safe travels.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...