6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2012 10:58 AM by ncross RSS

UPromise

ncross Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

How is it possible that a company with a strong social responsibility doesn't work with UPromise when Sheraton, Westin, Crowne Plaza, Wyndham, Fairmont, Intercontinental, and others are all part of the program.  There are plenty of your elite members who would love to say that they stay at Marriott to help with money for education.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: UPromise
    hopetix Platinum 2 Reviews

I have earned quite a few $ from UPromise while booking rooms at Marriott properties. I have the Upromise bar on my computer and every time I go to the Marriott page it tells me I am earning 2%. I have probably earned close to $70 over the past while. I don't know how long they've been in the program, but they are now.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fireflies Platinum 2 Reviews

I am a plat member for 7 yrs now...I linked all of my reservations thru upromise from 2008-May 2010 until I found out NONE of them were earning points--over 300 hotel nigths.

I ended up literally calling upromise weekly and having to send in all of my email reservations and final invoices from all of my stays for proper credit through marriott.  This took over 18 mos and I am still having problems with missing stays.

Marriott is not thrilled with having to pay for upromise credit, but is still part of the program.  I no longer think my reservations thru upromise, but mypoints.com and earn 2 pts for every dollar spent...much easier and I can get marriott gift cards with my points for use on personal travel.

the marriott upromise link is ridiculous-anyone else ever had this problem?  I was told many marriott members were not earning their upromise points...by the way I also have use upromise for holiday inn and have no problem earning my points in a timely fashion...but marriott...fix the problem or get off the list of hotels that you can earn upromise points for....your customers are done fighting with you for money they earned and you are not providing.

hopetix Platinum 2 Reviews

Apparently Marriott is no longer affiliated with Upromise. I've earned several hundred dollars because of the Turbo bar I have on my search engine, but today when I went to book a room the "savings" button did not light up so I went searching. Marriott is no longer listed on the Upromise site. The curious thing is that Renaissance Hotels do still generate the savings, but only if you go to Renaissance specific site, if you navigate away from Renaissance the savings button goes away. So sad. It was an easy way to earn a little bit of a rebate 2% on every stay I made. Cannot find any information about the split from Upromise on either Marriott OR Upromise. Wondering if anyone knows anything about this!

mynameissam Platinum 2 Reviews

I observed the same thing.  I travel constantly and stay at a Marriott property whenever possible, in the past always booking by clicking on the link through the UPromise Website. Two weeks ago, or somewhere around then, I went to book a room in Denver through UPromise and no Marriott link appeared. It's good to know about the Renaissance, unfortunately that property is often priced above what I can submit for expenses. I am hoping Marriott works out a deal soon. On the plus side, when I can't find a convenient Marriott in the area there is usually a Starwood or Intercontinental affiliate - and they earn 2% and 4% respectively.

It really is unfortunate to see that Marriott is no longer partnering with Upromise.  I doubt they will see much turnover from people going to Starwood hotels instead but it really is unfortunate overall.

SPG is now up to 5% back on stays at their properties.  Also stay, 18 nights over the course of three months and you can match your current status at Marriott.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...