13 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2011 7:58 AM by NathalieF RSS

Has anyone used this EEO: 2nd night free at Marriott or JW

nyctraveller26 Gold
Currently Being Moderated
  • Re: Has anyone used this EEO: 2nd night free at Marriott or JW
    kellyz Platinum

yes, i used the offer, its great!  Just make sure you call the reservations line first to see if the hotel you want to use it at qualifies and have it noted on your reservation. Print it out and bring it with you. Check you final bill, both times i tried to use it the charged me for the two nights and had to adjust the final bill.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nyctraveller26 Gold

Thanks! This is helpful. I wanted to confirm if someone else had used it since there was no promotional code associated with it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sewettav Platinum 1 Reviews

I have used this benefit on several occasions.  I have found that you need to get permission from the reservation agent, indicate that you will be using this benefit at check in and check to be sure that you were given the benefit when you check out.  It is not unusal for me to ask that they remove the charge for the second night at check-out.  Also, I noticed in the current literature that there are many new hotels that no longer accept this offer.  It seems that the JW Marriotts are one of these hotels.  It's a good deal, I hope that it is not discontinuted. 

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I need to use this and also the Visa free night before they expire!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I have used this offer and it has been a very good experience. Make sure that you call the number to book and tell them that you are using the promotional certificate to get the free second night. If the hotel is no longer accepting the deal, they will be able to tell you.

Make sure that you print the certificate an take it with you. I did have an associate tell me that I had to have the certificate for them and was glad I did print it and take it with me. After that I just offered the certificate at check in (although I always print and keep a second copy in case there was an issue at checkout).

onelnsbt Platinum

We have used these in Washington, DC, Minneapolis, MN, San Diego, CA, and Denver, CO, and they are wonderful!  HOWEVER, every single time we were charged for the second night and had to have the second night credited at check-out, even though we made our reservation through the gold elite reservation line (as directed), we gave the printed certificate at check-in, and we were assured that the second night was free.  PLEASE be sure that you check your bill BEFORE you leave, as we didn't check in DC and it was much more of a hassle getting it straightened out later.  Eventually we did, but better to straighten it out at check-out.  You MUST make the reservation through the reservation line on the instructions or it will not be honored.  We love these - hopefully you will, too!

teacherman Gold

Thanks for the heads up! I just booked a weekend. However, teh agent on the phone had no idea what I was talking about. I practiclally read the promo page to him and he said he had no idea. So I then gave him the web address. He said it asked for my username and password so I gave it to him (not sure if I shoulda done that but figured he had it somewhere in his computer anyway). He then saw the page and put me on hold to talk to someone about it.  I am booked for a holiday and figured it might be blacked out, but he said that he didn't see anywhere where it said that it was, and voila! I have a date set. I'm setting up another later today. Thanks for the tip. You ROCK!

teacherman Gold
    How did you find this deal? Thanks for posting this. I booked a stay in a small town Marriott for half the price because of this. However, when I try to find this deal on my own in the marriott site, I can't. I have to use the link that you provided. So I how did you get to the page where the link is? I want to make sure that I don't miss a deal like this again but I don't know where to check. Thanks again!

captainkidd Platinum

We always print TWO copies of the certificate. One to give to the front desk when we check in and the second one to give to them at check out when they can't find the first copy. 

kellyz Platinum

I again just recently used the certificate at the Shelbourne in ireland and again they charged my room for the two nights. Be careful especially when overseas. It may be difficult after checkout to get the credit on the room. Luckly I was staying at another marriott close by that allowed me to use their phone and get the credit back to the room before i left ireland. Always call the reservation line and have it noted to your reservation too! I always keep two copies of the certificate with me just in case.

teacherman Gold

Good idea. I printed two and then two more for possible extra stays. Holidays!

onelnsbt Platinum

Just had the same thing happen again this past weekend.  Had to show the second copy upon check-out, as they charged for the second night AGAIN!  I'm seven for seven this past year.  Have used them seven times and all seven times I was charged for the second night even though I reserved through Gold line and gave the certificate upon check in.  They corrected after I gave them the copy when checking out but it is an uncessary hassle!!!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

onelnsbt, Thank you for the feedback on this EEO.  I wanted to let you know that we are aware of the issues with hotel associates processing these rewards, and can appreciate your frustration.  We are working on better training the front desk associates at the hotels to create a more streamlined process and better experience for our members.  Thank you for your feedback and your patience as we work through this issue.

Regards,

Laura

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...